The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hard to swallow ethics or pride?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
I've made a choice today.
I've had more jobs than my father has in his life time twice over probably. For one reason or another I have lost more jobs than I left. Some were completely my own doing others were out of my control. I've owned a business (simple self-employment) and lost real estate, to currently building back up to start again (though determined this time to educate myself in the right way to succeed). currently working a J.O.B. that some would say is not a full use of my talent. I see it as an opportunity to learn. The first job I have had with a lot of free in between time and still work to my best ability. a few days ago, I was feeling depressed, I lost my focus, I was thinking this job is going nowhere I'm contract, and insecure. So I was talking with my wife about it and it came back this is just a vehicle for my education. its not permanent, it's not even long term. Then it hit. A while back I was informed by another contract agency that the company was going to terminate me so I didn't bother showing up that day or the next I considered myself already fired so it didn't matter. latter on in the week I went back for my stuff. that decision still lingers to this day. So, I made up my mind, even if I know I was to lose my job the end of the next day I would walk in and would still work the day to the best I could.

This isn't an issue at the moment, but I just wanted to throw this to the wind. I don't believe in giving less than my best, ever, but is this just pride?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
We had a carpenter walk off the job a few months ago. He left at lunch, and never returned. Had he been in an accident? Was there an emergency of some sort? We called and left messages. He never returned any of them.

Just the other day, he called. Looking for a job.

Do you think we gave him work?

No. He showed us a few things about his character by his actions a few months ago.

Someone - perhaps Steven Covey? - writes about making deposits and withdrawals in people's emotional bank accounts. It is a great lesson in relationships and in your business endeavors too. If you make deposits by giving it your all - no matter what - - - then someday the benefits will be returned to you.

As an aside - - tell me about your plan.

Where are you going?
What vehicle will you use to get there?

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Pride, yes. Going back to work even if you might be fired the next day is pride in yourself and your self-worth. That says very much about you and your trustworthiness. I don't see that as a bad trait at all. If more people held such an attitude, then I would be a very happy employer. It is very hard finding trustworthy and loyal employees these days. Or maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
Currently while paying down accrued debt I'm trying to get a taste for what market I would be good in, what best suites my interest.

Step 1. Financial literacy. over the course of the past few week I have been writing a spread sheet to dynamically update after entering all the days financial undertakings so as to auto configure my cash flow and balance statement at the same time and only take 5 minutes a day, Time is a luxury I don't like to waste. To that end now no matter who does the finances in a few seconds I can know exactly where we stand with everything. I know there are templates out there but I wanted something that was customized for me and was simple, easy to read and took minimal space (I also have it cross-referencing my budget so at the end of the month I print it out and find out where, if any, the shortfalls were.

Step 2. learn more detail while saving 10% of my earned income

Step 3. get my wife back into it. We are currently resettling after our fourth (and final unless divinely intervened) child, our oldest being 4. We had been reading every day on basically the financially independent frame of mind and within the next week will be able to continue on that.

Step 4. Investing capital. I've have been currently looking into stock options and the ins and outs of technical trading. I have a good broker lined up for it to ( I say good in the advice they have given to date has been sound and I haven't even given them a penny that to me is worthy of my business).

Step 5. Making business ready. I have several Ideas and inside stock ventures already in the mix as well as a few products and partnerships for business Ideas I'm working on, in order for me to produce my idea however I know I will have to go back to school to make a few of the products I have in mind (1 for the networking I'll need and 2 for the expertise and I'll still need a team)

6. Conquering failure. I also plan to get back into real estate investing though I would like to come back hardened and ready for the battle as this was my previous hard crashing failure.

7. limited time frame and goal benchmarking. not really a step at least not in that order, but we're also looking into home schooling for all our children and know that as time goes on more of our time will be required to be successful in business and family. We have already discussed parochial school and if need be we would have to find a good one if we cant handle it. We've settled on home schooling simply because we feel the quality of our children’s education is of the highest importance in their development and at least at the moment locally the choice is... well, there is none.. good at least. For this to happen we need to be quick but guarded. One thing I learned a long time ago when I was working factory work. While some would hurry to get the job done it came back almost 1/3rd of the time. I only have enough time to make it once.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.