The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hard to complain about anything after this...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Know that feeling when your heart sinks after reading something incredibly sad? I had that happen today when I read this article about a dying little girl.

One line in particular really struck a chord for me... "Addie told her mom she wanted friends like her two older sisters and to be able to laugh and play."

I've read some sad articles before, but idk. This has to be the saddest thing I've ever read. How will I ever again be able to feel that my complaints are justified?

"I don't want to do this work."
"I don't want to wake up."
"Hmm.. really don't feel like going to the gym today."
"How can I get out of this...?"

All of this is a bunch of bullshit compared to what that little girl is going through.

I could ramble on forever about something philosophical, but I think the message is pretty simple.

It has really made me think about how we should appreciate life and be thankful for having the privilege of waking up, no matter how bad things get.

Really felt I should share this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hope

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 22, 2014
Thanks for sharing this @Jakeeck

A few days back I was whining to my brother about the occasional tendency to feel overwhelmed with entrepreneurship, the fear, the risks, the sometimes instability of not knowing when or if you'll make money.

But all of that washes away when you see something like this, knowing that your child is dying, and there is nothing you can do, well... that's real fear, that's real instability.

All of the worries of business pales in comparison to what she and her family is going through.

I can only be thankful for my own fortune in life, knowing that I'll see tomorrow, knowing that I am blessed enough to ponder the future and have goals...

I think its important for all of us here to see stories like this, it forces you to reflect on your own life, makes you realize that your fears and doubt are un-needed distractions pointlessly bearing down on you.

Addie will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight, I plan on donating 5% of my business net profits to organizations that fight against bull**** diseases and medical issues as soon as I get a steady stream of profits coming in, until then personal donations will have to suffice, I hope you all can donate a bit too this holiday season.

Remember, money is a powerful tool, it can and has been used to fund medical breakthroughs, give food to the starving, ect.

That means the sooner we all get filthy rich, the sooner we can continue to fix some of the problems the world has.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
There is a saying my grandmother taught me.
In English, it would be: since the day you are to born to the day you die, Death walks on your side.

I remind myself that I could not wake up again, every night before sleep. When I wake up I remind myself that every day might be my last, so that I can make the most of it.

We are only the strength we can achieve. That's all that matters in the end.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.