The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Happy ending

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Goldman snacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 15, 2016
reading the "who do they think they are?" Thread There's a lot of stories and warnings about where people wasted their time/money with 'mentors' that claimed they were making millions, etc to reel you in.

Has anyone had any relationships where it did work out for the best despite some suspicion?

(Example: mentor looks like they shop at GAP and drives a 4K car yet makes millions and it actually worked out that they were just really conservative with money)

I want to try and look at this from both angles as I have met a few people like this now and I don't know whether to work with them or not

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Of course! I've had a number of mentors through out my fastlane journey, and I still keep weekly contact with one of them. No money asked from me, nothing but suggestions of what I should do to continue being successful and go down a better path. The key to having a great mentor is asking great questions. I was suspicious at first of this one that i still keep in contact with, but it just took time to get to know him. Now that I know what he's really like, I can safely say I'd like to work up to what he's become and the impact he has made on the world. You just have to go out and meet people. ANYONE can be a mentor to you. It doesn't have to be just business. Just someone who has been through what you want to go through in a desired category.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.