The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Habit forming productivity tools

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
When I'm conditioning myself to get things done, I'll make a page that has slots for "activity types I need to do" each day. This keeps me from doing the wrong things, or doing nothing, or doing too much of one thing, or task switching all day.

Recently, I've been using the app called Productive for iPhone. Basically, put in the things that you want as daily habits, or any other frequency (x times per week, monthly, every Monday, etc). When you complete a task, you swipe it off. It acts as a low-key task reward, so it reinforces the habit. Also comes with timer options, so you can put in timed tasks and it will time them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
My strategy has been to draw a 4x7 grid on an index card, representing 4 weeks. Each day I complete the habit, I cross out one of the days. It takes about 4 weeks to fully ingrain a habit, to the point where it's automatic and takes very little willpower. It's low tech, but I feel the effort of drawing the grid by hand makes me identify more with the habit and want to succeed. I also post the index card on a bulletin board in the middle of my apartment so it's always visible and I won't forget.

I think I got the idea originally from a Seinfeld interview, where he did something similar for writing jokes every day.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Thank you for sharing. Coach.me for the iPhone is pretty great, too. You get milestones, high fives to stay motivated plus there is a community and coaches available

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.