The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Habit forming productivity tools

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
When I'm conditioning myself to get things done, I'll make a page that has slots for "activity types I need to do" each day. This keeps me from doing the wrong things, or doing nothing, or doing too much of one thing, or task switching all day.

Recently, I've been using the app called Productive for iPhone. Basically, put in the things that you want as daily habits, or any other frequency (x times per week, monthly, every Monday, etc). When you complete a task, you swipe it off. It acts as a low-key task reward, so it reinforces the habit. Also comes with timer options, so you can put in timed tasks and it will time them.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Thank you for sharing. Coach.me for the iPhone is pretty great, too. You get milestones, high fives to stay motivated plus there is a community and coaches available

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
My strategy has been to draw a 4x7 grid on an index card, representing 4 weeks. Each day I complete the habit, I cross out one of the days. It takes about 4 weeks to fully ingrain a habit, to the point where it's automatic and takes very little willpower. It's low tech, but I feel the effort of drawing the grid by hand makes me identify more with the habit and want to succeed. I also post the index card on a bulletin board in the middle of my apartment so it's always visible and I won't forget.

I think I got the idea originally from a Seinfeld interview, where he did something similar for writing jokes every day.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom