The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

guys who eat to much fatty food

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
why do men in particular feel its ok to eat junk food and not even be ashamed of themselves, like we only get one body so they feel they need to "reward" themselves like a pig, what about health problems or not able to mountain climb, or not able to have kids or not having the energy to take care of me i mean anyone there married to, even if guys workout 5 days a week i feel they shouldnt pig out

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
I would avoid making sweeping generalizations on this forum- especially insulting ones that alienate the majority of its population.

Come on, think before you post!

$pendi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 7, 2017
Miami
Friendly reminder that one person in the world that happens to be in your life isn't everyone else in the world. This kind of person might show up in your world consecutively, but there are 7.44b other people in the world.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
why do men in particular feel its ok to eat junk food and not even be ashamed of themselves, like we only get one body so they feel they need to "reward" themselves like a pig, what about health problems or not able to mountain climb, or not able to have kids or not having the energy to take care of me i mean anyone there married to, even if guys workout 5 days a week i feel they shouldnt pig out

Some people are not born with the embarrassment gene that some of us have. They don't feel bad that they look like fat slobs, and about the fact that they are most likely harming themselves and their families. They think they work hard so they should enjoy themselves, yada yada, yada, or they get in a relationship, get comfortable with a person and think it doesn't really matter what they look like, especially if they have a marriage certificate. Yes some people get injured or are sick and can't help getting fat but that's a different story.

I personally eat a lot (not all bad food) but I make sure I exercise a lot as well. It's pretty simple but most people have no will power or discipline.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
8256e6c8766b1bc78eb53fa356274e44.jpg

And pigs are beautiful animals btw

pigs-in-love.jpg

This thread and all your others #landfill

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Some people are not born with the embarrassment gene that some of us have. They don't feel bad that they look like fat slobs, and about the fact that they are most likely harming themselves and their families. They think they work hard so they should enjoy themselves, yada yada, yada, or they get in a relationship, get comfortable with a person and think it doesn't really matter what they look like, especially if they have a marriage certificate. Yes some people get injured or are sick and can't help getting fat but that's a different story.

I personally eat a lot (not all bad food) but I make sure I exercise a lot as well. It's pretty simple but most people have no will power or discipline.

i appreciate your honesty but by saying you eat alot im glad you exercise but it gives the impression of you not caring about yourself

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
i appreciate your honesty but by saying you eat alot im glad you exercise but it gives the impression of you not caring about yourself
Yeah I'm sure a lot of bodybuilders feel the same...

blackbrich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern USA
Which one is the junk food that makes you impotent. I wanna be sure to avoid that one.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence

I am 6'0, 172 lbs. I play tennis at a pro level 4 time a week for 1.5 hours per session. I go to the gym 4 times per week for 1 hour. I walk at least 4 miles every day as well. Every time I eat something which I know is bad, but tastes good, I make sure I do something to help negate that effect caloric-ally speaking. In general I eat fairly healthy, much more so than most people. For example I NEVER eat fast food. Haven't been to a Mcdonalds or anything similar since 2001. I wouldn't say bodybuilders are healthy because a lot of these guys are pumping steroids and other harmful substances into their body, but I certainly not one of these people.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I wouldn't say bodybuilders are healthy because a lot of these guys are pumping steroids and other harmful substances into their body, but I certainly not one of these people.
Yeah and people get rich by stealing from the poor.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
I am 6'0, 172 lbs. I play tennis at a pro level 4 time a week for 1.5 hours per session. I go to the gym 4 times per week for 1 hour. I walk at least 4 miles every day as well. Every time I eat something which I know is bad, but tastes good, I make sure I do something to help negate that effect caloric-ally speaking. In general I eat fairly healthy, much more so than most people. For example I NEVER eat fast food. Haven't been to a Mcdonalds or anything similar since 2001. I wouldn't say bodybuilders are healthy because a lot of these guys are pumping steroids and other harmful substances into their body, but I certainly not one of these people.

172 pounds thats how you know we're in fat america, im 106 but we are all on different life journeys

Sully1994

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
172 pounds thats how you know we're in fat america, im 106 but we are all on different life journeys

You DO realize that a pound of fat occupies roughly 4 times as much space as a pound of muscle right? 172 pounds at 6'0 could easily be a ripped and athletic build. Weight as a number tells you very little about someone's physique unless you have body measurements to correspond it with. Stop being a condescending troll.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
You DO realize that a pound of fat occupies roughly 4 times as much space as a pound of muscle right? 172 pounds at 6'0 could easily be a ripped and athletic build. Weight as a number tells you very little about someone's physique unless you have body measurements to correspond it with. Stop being a condescending troll.
If you look at the other threads by the same user you can tell it's just our latest troll.

Sully1994

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
If you look at the other threads by the same user you can tell it's just our latest troll.

This person is either 12 and retarded, or one of the most genius trolls ever to grace this forum- and should be giving master class writing seminars on how to create characters that infuriate the living F*ck out of people.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento

dont read what i write if you dont like it

Brethawy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 31, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Although I don't post much on the forum, I do read through almost any thread I can. This has to be one of the worst threads I've read.. I get that you want a perfect world where every person is healthy, however, that isn't realistic. It's like asking why people don't mind being poor. Everyone has their own choices too make on it.
You are free to post as much as you want but I urge you to at least post something productive that'll add value to the forum.

P.S. I previously was a personal trainer and highly certified, a 6'1 man weighing 170~lbs is by no means in this realm of the earth overweight.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I kinda see what she is saying.
@Tanisha
Your right you only get what body and we do have to get healthy or we will pay for it in the long run and become slaves to the pharmaceutical industry. I'm 6'4 193lbs and I'm pretty lean myself. But some people just like poisoning themselves and if they do it's nothing you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
...or not having the energy to take care of me...
Did nobody else catch this? If you're expecting men to take care of you your whole life...you might be on the wrong forum.

#landfill

unaided

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 5, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

1.) physically addicting - especially "unnatural" concentrations of sugar/salt/fat, and added addictiveness of wheat/dairy. Metabolites of wheat and dairy literally act on opiate receptors in the brain = addictive. (Partly why they give you free bread at restaurants, makes you eat more/ more likely to drink/eat dessert). When you eat the above, it contributes to leptin resistance, alterations in ghrelin, etc.

2.) response to boredom - when we're bored we seek a dopamine rush, comes from food. Requires a mental pause to shift to something more oxytocin producing (exercise, stretching, meditation, connection with others). Seek a balance of 50/50 pleasure and purpose to keep the boredom at bay. Most in this category lack purpose, therefore they double down on "pleasure" to try and fill the void.

3.) lack of connection with others: smart phones, marathon netflixing, facebook scrolling etc. We're generally more isolated. When you are isolated, you "fill the gap" with addictive behavior

4.) good marketing/advertising/increased convenience of foods/flavoring enhancements get better each year.

5.) social learning - we saw our parents, friends, society do it , so i'ts seen as a normal part of culture. This is also why "obesity" can literally go "viral" among social groups. Your friend's friend's friend (3 degrees of separation) has more influence on your weight status than your spouse! Study Says Obesity Can Be Contagious This is based on the loose idea that if your friends are the type that go out for wings and beer in their free time, you're more likely too...and if your friend's friend's friend becomes overweight, it's a reflection of the behavioral ecosystem you're a part of.....surround yourself by those you want to be more like! 95% of behavior is subconscious whether we like it or not!

6.) "eat in moderation" - you can still eat crap if you only eat a little bit of it, and then you can exercise it off. "Moderation Nation" campaign by Hershey's.... "Exercise is Medicine" campaign by Coca Cola (who also funds its own obesity research center, Ha!)

7.) Bad food is at least 15% cheaper...(thank you tax subsidies in Farm Bill! Promoting wheat, dairy, soy, corn, etc - hmm... also the most common allergens too). We feed cows the same things to make them fat for slaughter, I wonder what they do to humans? (70%+ overweight/obese adults in US)

8.) Dopamine is an ANTICIPATION of reward hormone, not rewarding in itself. You keep anticipating a greater reward. Stopping requires oxytocin activities + mindfulness to "pause" and experience the fact that youd idn't actually feel better with that 6th beer or by eating that extra ice cream sandwich.

Last edited:

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Yeah and people get rich by stealing from the poor.

Yes that is how most of these internet marketers get rich... By stealing from the less informed but I am not sure how this relates to the fact that I mentioned most competitive body builders are drug addicts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.