• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Guys I Wouldn't Bet On.

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by RHL, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $158,722
    Engineers do this a lot... they like building stuff.

2. Greg R

Greg R Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,411
    So true.

Andy Black likes this.
  3. SM Switi

SM Switi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $860
    100% true including myself >< , I got passed this point in the hard way

Andy Black likes this.
  4. CPisHere

CPisHere Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,753
    The guy that doesn't want to make the sacrifice necessary.

I'm there/been there. Building a business takes TIME (away from family/friends/hobbies) + MONEY (most likely requiring lowering your standard of living).

astr0 likes this.
  5. justonemore

justonemore Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $411
    Yeah, that's reality isn't it.
    It's harder to see in the online world, but the online world mirrors the brick and mortar world I have to assume. Think of some shopping centers or popular streets near you.
    Think how many businesses there have come and gone, come and gone, come and gone over the years.
    What percent of those businesses that aren't a major franchise have lasted for more than 3-4 years? 10%? 20%?
    Then think, how many of those businesses that went away had someones life savings and 80-100 hour weeks for 4+ years wrapped up in them.

Some people don't like people who point out problems without solutions. I disagree. You need realists around you. They're the ones who will keep you from losing your life savings on a bad idea. They're the ones who will save you from wasting 80 hours a week for 4 years on an idea that will fail.
    Yes men make good drinking buddies, but that's about it.

I'm not an expert in business, but I do think most failure could be avoided by aiming well, thinking things through, and then rethinking things through.

Just my opinion...

6. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $475
    I'm guilty of one and four, wish I knew that guys audience with people able to drop 10,000 I bet they could fund a solution if it was a worthwhile solution to their problem.

I find I am unable to get customers or potential customers to talk to me. If most people need to see the engineer's social media profile first I can see why there might be friction.

I'd love to talk to their customers for them, analyse the data and distill it back to the developers to help them,hard to get anyone to see the value in that though.

I agree. Realists back up their data, optimists lose it.

7. Telamon25346

Telamon25346 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $20
    this hit hard, i've been setting "future goals" i guess of buying these things, but instead of just keeping them in mind as actual future goals, i stay looking at house listings and prices of watches and stuff like that. described me perfectly. +rep this was a little slap in the face

8. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,407
    This is where anxiety always came in handy for me. Anxiety will not let you wait for anything..... I gotta start this business within an hour or else I'm going to go CRAZY!!! lol I'm much better nowadays but it still makes me want to get things started to see how they are going to work out. No way I could wait YEARS!!! :eek::inpain::clench: