The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Guide To Hustling - The Book

D

DeletedUser394

Repost from The Hustler's Guide To Buying And Selling Anything (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...9-hustlers-guide-buying-selling-anything.html), because that thread is huge and it might get missed.

Going to be posting my progress as it relates to the book production, and how to get it done if you've been considering writing a book/ebook and want to know how to do it.

If there's anything specific you want to know about hustling, or how not to spend all your profits, or anything at all, you can post the question here or pm me and I'll include it in the book.

So;

I'm in the process of writing an ebook outlining exactly what went down in this journey from start to finish. I will be including never before shared details of my struggles and triumphs, as well as the stories of some of the new hustlers that I've been mentoring.

I will include some stories of crazy debauchery, namely how I blew through all the money faster than I made it, and what I learned from that 'party hard' period of my life. Also there will be the stories of how $1,000 in singles ($1) arrived in my mailbox unannounced wrapped in newspaper, and the time that I was interviewed by the huffington post (due to some of my spending debauchery). You will also read about how on the spur of the moment I dropped everything, grabbed a girl I'd never met before, and flew her to Vancouver with me. Ended up meeting/hanging out with Ed Sheeran. All of which was financed directly with my hustling profits.

I will share my moments of extreme desperation when my bedroom was overtaken by hundreds of pairs of children shoe's and how I nearly gave up. The shoes ended up going to an Kenyan orphanage, and I made a profit on them. I will share how it was done.

You'll learn how to sell, what to sell, when to sell. You'll be able to avoid many of the stupid mistakes that I was forced to learn along the way. It will save you time and money on every deal. I will offer a comprehensive guide to hustling video games and video game systems, which was my bread and butter in the hustling game.

Publishing date will be in October, just in time for the Christmas season which is the best time to be hustling.

Oh yeah, and mandatory post of the singles lol;
DSC_0021[1].jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Very excited to see this book is actually happening. I'll pre-order right now if I can.

Your thread is what kickstarted me into action, some of the most influential information on the forum was posted there. Much more I'd like to say, but you're a busy man. So, all bullshit aside, thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

Oh, you didn't mention about the price of your ebook, so I want to know... is it negotiable? ;)

D

DeletedUser394

Very excited to see this book is actually happening. I'll pre-order right now if I can.

Your thread is what kickstarted me into action, some of the most influential information on the forum was posted there. Much more I'd like to say, but you're a busy man. So, all bullshit aside, thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

Oh, you didn't mention about the price of your ebook, so I want to know... is it negotiable? ;)

I really appreciate it, and that's great to hear. Stuff like this is why I choose to be so candid. Plus it keeps me from giving up every time the sh*t hits the fan :)

xxcloud9ninjaxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 23, 2013
I'm excited, I need more startup ideas and I've been wanting to hustle video games for a while. Down to buy this next month!

M

MCLARENF1

Count me in as a purchase as well. Thank you very much for sharing this with us! Wish you 10x the success.

G

GuestUser8117

Nice man. Definitely a good idea. Were you operating on ebay when "hustling"? I am afraid I will blow everything when I make it.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2012
Count me in
I need all the advice i can get :/

Guys I'm having trouble getting started with my hustling career

I only have about £400 in my bank to invest and no job...

I literally have spent my whole day looking for deals on ebay and gumtree, my eyes feel like dry wood.

Any advice on getting going ?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Find something you think will work for under £50 and get started! Just getting going will moisten those eyes and give you instant feedback on what works and what doesn't. So many people at your spot spend the whole day trying to make the biggest score ever instead of making a lot of little scores...... a whole lot of shillings add up! And you gain the contact and feedback you need to find that key business opportunity down the road.... which is the end goal, right?

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Count me in
I need all the advice i can get :/

Guys I'm having trouble getting started with my hustling career

I only have about £400 in my bank to invest and no job...

I literally have spent my whole day looking for deals on ebay and gumtree, my eyes feel like dry wood.

Any advice on getting going ?

The hustling formula on craigslist is not entirely universal. It strongly favors those living in densely populated areas. I'm pretty sure the op was in an area where his craigslist ads reached millions of potential customers. I personally live "out in the sticks" and buying things off craigslist to resell online was never really effective. The small amount of ads I browse are highly overpriced.

If you're in a less populated area your best bet is to buy things off other online sites such as niche forums, then sell on ebay to reach a greater market. Also, always lowball, you can always go up from there.

D

DeletedUser394

Correct, population where I live is slightly over a million people.

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
My brother, try this method tomorrow. You need to stop looking on Ebay for the golden apple and look at your local market for the golden apple to sell on Ebay. Not the other way round. Also, Gumtree in the UK is like CL in the US. You just end up buying an used item which you hope to sell for a higher price later. Even if you do, its only once. So instead spend that precious time looking for suppliers or sources that provide you with stock for cheap over the long term. You can always visit your Poundland store and offer an unique item for sale on Ebay. ;)

Good luck.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks guys ill be giving this stuff a try today.

I'll report how it goes.

Fastlaner what do you mean by local suppliers ?
People with phone shops etc...?

And matt I don't get the niche forum thing :/
Do you mean like if I was buying and selling guitars I'd look to source them from a music/ guitar enthusiast forum and then flip them ?

Thanks for the input guys

Goal for today is £30!

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I have posted something similar in another thread but here ya go hassan...

Do you all have pallets in the UK? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Wooden_pallet_with_glove.jpg

Here you can find these freaking everywhere and some people post them on CL for free, sometimes a few bucks for one.

Well with a few tweaks and ok carpentry skills (plus a little time) you can turn them into furniture.

Here is the pinterest section for repurposed pallets...
http://www.pinterest.com/Recyclart/1001-pallets-recycled-upcycled-repurposed-pallet-p/

So why do I tell you all this? People actually pay money for these as well. and good money at that.

People around here buy the chairs for $100-200 each... It's crazy

Here is an Etsy section where its all pallet furniture
http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=pallet+furniture&page=3

I know weve messaged about other methods but this is a great strategy as well.

Depending on your current situation selling at Flea markets could be another opportunity.

Lots of hustling options for you to follow.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Repost from The Hustler's Guide To Buying And Selling Anything (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...9-hustlers-guide-buying-selling-anything.html), because that thread is huge and it might get missed.

Going to be posting my progress as it relates to the book production, and how to get it done if you've been considering writing a book/ebook and want to know how to do it.

If there's anything specific you want to know about hustling, or how not to spend all your profits, or anything at all, you can post the question here or pm me and I'll include it in the book.

So;

I'm in the process of writing an ebook outlining exactly what went down in this journey from start to finish. I will be including never before shared details of my struggles and triumphs, as well as the stories of some of the new hustlers that I've been mentoring.

I will include some stories of crazy debauchery, namely how I blew through all the money faster than I made it, and what I learned from that 'party hard' period of my life. Also there will be the stories of how $1,000 in singles ($1) arrived in my mailbox unannounced wrapped in newspaper, and the time that I was interviewed by the huffington post (due to some of my spending debauchery). You will also read about how on the spur of the moment I dropped everything, grabbed a girl I'd never met before, and flew her to Vancouver with me. Ended up meeting/hanging out with Ed Sheeran. All of which was financed directly with my hustling profits.

I will share my moments of extreme desperation when my bedroom was overtaken by hundreds of pairs of children shoe's and how I nearly gave up. The shoes ended up going to an Kenyan orphanage, and I made a profit on them. I will share how it was done.

You'll learn how to sell, what to sell, when to sell. You'll be able to avoid many of the stupid mistakes that I was forced to learn along the way. It will save you time and money on every deal. I will offer a comprehensive guide to hustling video games and video game systems, which was my bread and butter in the hustling game.

Publishing date will be in October, just in time for the Christmas season which is the best time to be hustling.

Oh yeah, and mandatory post of the singles lol;
View attachment 5814
What's up @RichKid I'm not calling you out but any progress on the book? Or did u decide against it? If so, why? Seems there is a lot of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks
I have posted something similar in another thread but here ya go hassan...

Do you all have pallets in the UK? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Wooden_pallet_with_glove.jpg

Here you can find these freaking everywhere and some people post them on CL for free, sometimes a few bucks for one.

Well with a few tweaks and ok carpentry skills (plus a little time) you can turn them into furniture.

Here is the pinterest section for repurposed pallets...
http://www.pinterest.com/Recyclart/1001-pallets-recycled-upcycled-repurposed-pallet-p/

So why do I tell you all this? People actually pay money for these as well. and good money at that.

People around here buy the chairs for $100-200 each... It's crazy

Here is an Etsy section where its all pallet furniture
http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=pallet furniture&page=3

I know weve messaged about other methods but this is a great strategy as well.

Depending on your current situation selling at Flea markets could be another opportunity.

Lots of hustling options for you to follow.
Thanks 1 step !

Don't know how I'd go about transportation with the pallets
Seeing as I can't drive.

Maybe hire a driver with a van and pick um up make a chair and sell it.
If the margins are good I can keep hirin drivers.

I'm keeping an open mind.
Right now my backs against the wall and I need to get the ball rolling.

A little momentum:

Should have a deal later for an iPhone 4S

Buying for 135
Should be able to get 160-170 for it.

Il keep ya posted guys
Thanks

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
The hustling formula on craigslist is not entirely universal. It strongly favors those living in densely populated areas. I'm pretty sure the op was in an area where his craigslist ads reached millions of potential customers. I personally live "out in the sticks" and buying things off craigslist to resell online was never really effective. The small amount of ads I browse are highly overpriced.

If you're in a less populated area your best bet is to buy things off other online sites such as niche forums, then sell on ebay to reach a greater market. Also, always lowball, you can always go up from there.

Pretty much this. Ive been able to make extra money with Craigslist before, but in a smaller area its just not as easy. IMO you can almost always find stuff to buy. No matter the area. Its a matter of being able to sell it back through Craigslist. My area seems to have people selling stuff, but looking for buyers is a different story.

So you can still make some money by buying via Craigslist at a cheap enough price to be able to sell through Ebay. Yea, the fees suck and you gotta ship something. But I find it better than having to keep meeting up with people that never show or just trying to schedule meeting at all. You can plop something on ebay where many more people see it and when it sells just box it and schedule a USPS pickup for FREE. You can even get free boxes from USPS. And it gives you a chance to work on your copy a bit too on ebay.

Another note, I did a lot of cell phone deals in the past. They are one of the easier things to come by. I would suggest staying out of that market completly. Verizon phones you never want to buy. And now even ATT is blacklisting phones, they used to just blacklist SIMs. And even if you find a nice clean phone, many people on ebay are taking advantage of the system.

One thing you can do. Put in your listing that you wont sell to people with low or no feedback. Maybe thats against policy. Dont care. It seems to work so far. Keeps the creeps and thieves away for the most part. Havent got a listing taken down yet.

D

DeletedUser394

What's up @RichKid I'm not calling you out but any progress on the book? Or did u decide against it? If so, why? Seems there is a lot of interest.

Book was about half done before I shelved it. Been working on things that have more potential. Might revisit it in the future but not a priority unfortunately.

Most of the info is available for free in the hustling thread.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
And matt I don't get the niche forum thing :/
Do you mean like if I was buying and selling guitars I'd look to source them from a music/ guitar enthusiast forum and then flip them ?
Pretty much. Say you want to flip cameras. You find the most popular camera forums with a quick google search. Most forums have a "classifies/for sale" section. Browse through those and do your ebay/amazon research to find profitable items. Then offer buyer less than they are asking within reason. Say something is 100 bucks and you offer 20 you are likely to insult the buyer and get a bad reputation in the community. Say a product is 100 bucks, offering 70 dollars is a more reasonable starting point for negotiation.

I have found that people on forums are more knowledgeable and understand that used products do not retain market value. People selling their stuff on craigslist think their shit is good as gold and list their used items for ten bucks under retail. Also, the forum members are usually willing to negotiate because if they are enthusiast they usually have more than one, camera in this instance, in their possession.

If you find a popular niche, this method has proven to be effective for me.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks guys the advice is helping !

Yesterday !
Bought an iPhone 4S £140
Sold for £165 the same day

Also got a deal with someone to swap an ipad 2 (bought 3 days ago for £160) for an iPodtouch5th gen (worth around 180-200)

So I made £25 that day

Not amazing I know,but it's start.

Goal for the next 2 months is to work my way upto averaging £200+ profit a week

Jackal0

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 17, 2014
Book was about half done before I shelved it. Been working on things that have more potential. Might revisit it in the future but not a priority unfortunately.

Most of the info is available for free in the hustling thread.

Too bad that you shelved it, I think it would be a nice read, just like your forum threads.

Thanks guys the advice is helping !

Yesterday !
Bought an iPhone 4S £140
Sold for £165 the same day

Also got a deal with someone to swap an ipad 2 (bought 3 days ago for £160) for an iPodtouch5th gen (worth around 180-200)

So I made £25 that day

Not amazing I know,but it's start.

Goal for the next 2 months is to work my way upto averaging £200+ profit a week

Great for the beginning! :)

D

DeletedUser394

I think I may finish the book after all. Not as a money maker but just to get it out there to help people. It's strange these past few weeks I've been inundated with messages about this kind of stuff. It's been a while since I posted anything about hustling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.