The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Guidance required for using License of other brands

Setting up shop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
I want to use the license of various companies(WWE, Disney etc) on an existing product.

I'm thinking of two scenarios I could go, but a little guidance would be appreciated.

1)Try contact the companies and request me using their license.
I imagine this would be a huuuuge uphill battle and they might not work with me because I don't have success on another product

2)Contact companies who already have the rights to use the license and pitch them my idea.

If anyone could open doors for me, we could definitely work out an agreement.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Setting up shop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
I'd suggest #1.
Directory of Licensors
I am so lost about licensing.

If you're worried about looking like a small fish in their "big pond", just start somewhere, get some sales, grow it...and then contact the license owner you'd really like to use. Start!

I'm not sure companies would take to me kindly if I use their license without their approval.......even if I can show interest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
I'm not sure companies would take to me kindly if I use their license without their approval.......even if I can show interest.
I'm sorry that wasn't clear. I'm not suggesting you start using their IP without their approval...but that you just start selling product. THEN, once you've got some sales, you can go to them and negotiate to use their IP (as a viable seller with real sales). You'll be more confident and you'll no longer be the guppy in their big pond.

I'm certainly never going to suggest that anyone violate licensed IP. Sorry for the confusion.

Setting up shop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
I'm sorry that wasn't clear. I'm not suggesting you start using their IP without their approval...but that you just start selling product. THEN, once you've got some sales, you can go to them and negotiate to use their IP (as a viable seller with real sales). You'll be more confident and you'll no longer be the guppy in their big pond.

I'm certainly never going to suggest that anyone violate licensed IP. Sorry for the confusion.

Its all good.

Its actually an existing product with strong sales. I'm basically taking an existing product and applying different licenses to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.