The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Guidance please

Brissy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 2, 2016
Hi

First of all thanks to @MJ DeMarco to share your struggles,success and lessons learned all in a 'no bullshit' edition and to make this forum for like minded people to hangout. And thanks to others in this forum who support this journey and give their advice.

Bit of background,I followed my passion in Robotics,graduated with no debts(part time work and some scholarships). Started my first job with decent salary and soon enough realized that while the job in with a big name company was prestigious and fulfills societal expectations and makes Asian parents proud,makes me feel empty inside. Every morning I would pass by an old man of about 55,doing exactly same as what I did at entry level.I knew then if I did nothing I would end up as him and I decided then to move off the conventional path. I was also fortunate to meet a mentor (a senior manager) who introduced me to larger world and opportunities beyond it and share his lessons learned. Taking his advice, I worked for two years, learning the processes and went for Masters in Business. Again graduated with no debt,top of class. Durin studies I had tasted the pleasure of doing business. I fixed computers and sold parts at a margin.Looking back I should have stayed on that path.However I was offered a managerial position(high salary) with defense company who provided excellent training for staff. In four years I rose up the ranks to senior management. Here again I realized while this was a dream for many and many envied me for this position, I had traded iron cage for a golden cage. I always had some small businesses in small scale while working full time with friends. It broke even in few months and provided passive income for a holiday an year,but with limited scaling potential.Saved all I could and quit again taking an year off traveling. In process ended up in Australia and is currently here in another senior position,with max 40 hours/week and handsome salary for age. My heart is not in this, but I figured getting paid while learning the country isn't a bad deal. I have given myself max another year to save some money,this would be my last selling time for money aka job. I have around 40 hours a week to learn and try new things.

I came across 'Rich dad poor dad' and later 'Millionaire Fastlane ' and spent entire weekend reading it and this forum. In my life no one could understand why I saw a good paying job as bad and I couldn't explain it as well. All the concepts I had in mind was clearly Also the forum was an enormous treasure and I learned many things which can have a massive impact and growth in my existing modest business.

Now these are my challenges where I need some guidance:
  • I am not experienced/intelligent enough to find the opportunities when they are small and has massive growth potential. How to identify them?What is the thought process?How can an amateur catch on to it?
  • Thinking of filling gaps,in defense sector were I worked it's very less(may be I don't see it) and requires massive investments and time.So that's out.The kind of things I did in past exist here in Australia and I am still stuck on not being able to see any in a fastlane mode. There are opportunities of restaurants,cafes,franchises etc but they are local and I have to spend lot of time to learn about it with far less income than my current job
  • I am thinking of replicating some things that have been done i forum to learn about eCommerce workings with minimal investments. Any downsides to this or anything I should be doing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...