The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GSA Advantage Vendor Status

DDowney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2019
I met with two squadrons at an Airforce base and was thrilled to death when they loved the product and told me to get my vendor status approved so they could order. Than I got back to the office and WHAM I was overloaded with information and confusion.
I was told that I needed to be put on a list of approved vendors than they would contact the buyer and request our product by name. I dont know what list it is they are exactly talking about and the more I read the more confusing it has gotten.
Can anyone here that sells to the military please help me make sense of what I need to do and guide me in the right direction?
I have worked as a full time firefighter for 28 years and this is my first experience in dealing with these type of issues.
Confused in Missouri
Thank you all so much,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
First of all, welcome to the Forum.

Really, your best bet is to read as much as possible about getting GSA approval
For this, Google is your best friend. If you are not familiar with what list (I believe they are referring to the NAIC code or classification of your business.)
You might start out here.

Really, if you have specific questions, then perhaps one of us might be able to help you. But there is this thing called Barrier of Entry. It is no different than studying for a EMT certification or any other cert to become a firefighter.
Dig in. Figure it out. The information to set it up is basically all on Google. That, and your phone to contact an agency to ask questions, will answer 95% of your questions.

We're both from the Show Me state but this doesn't work this time!
Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.