The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Group Project!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I have seen a few posts regarding getting a group together to focus on one project as there is so much desire and talent among the members here, but I have never seen it being auctioned.

Has anyone done it?

What are you opinions towards it?

I have bitten off more that I can chew lately with projects myself and have toyed with using one of my start-up businesses as a starting point for a small group to get together and focus on. I'm guessing that the biggest issue in getting a group together was finding a project. I think it would be a pretty cool experience for those who have skills but don't know where to start, or anyone for that matter.

If you would be interested post here. Maybe we could do multiple projects if we get lots of interest...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
It gets tricky, as everyone needs to bring something unique to the table, and the more people you add into the mix, the more opportunity to people to slack off, whether its intentional or not. The other factor is that there can end up "Too many chiefs, and not enough Indians". I'd be very interested in a group project, but it would need to be very structured to work well.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
@codo

I agree, it can get tricky. My thoughts on this if a group were to decide to take on my project would be just like if I were to outsource certain parts of my project. A developer, a marketer, an SEO guy, sales guy etc. Each would be in charge of their department and act as an advisor in the business. If one were to 'slack' they would have to be cut from the project. It is a very basic way of doing things but I'm not sure how else to do it.
If a group were to get together and make all things equal from the get go that would be another option. However, it would be near impossible to pull off that way in my opinion.
From a legal standpoint I'm not sure how best to move. I think it would have to all be based on trust in the beginning, which can be scary. Equity/revenue/whatever you decide to give each member would have to be merit based and given upon completion.
Is there a good way of doing this?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I have thought of this myself, lot of wasted talent here, It would work, but it would be too tough.

I can see the lawsuits already if it was able to be pulled off.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I have thought of this myself, lot of wasted talent here, It would work, but it would be too tough.

I can see the lawsuits already if it was able to be pulled off.

The more I think about it, the more I think it can be pulled off. The idea of lawsuits scares me, but they always do and haven't stopped me yet. I bet there is a way to set it up to avoid lawsuits. Anyone with a legal background want to chime in?

Otherwise it will be much easier to do this in smaller groups...

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
group projects are a bad idea.

learn everything yourself at first.

then find people if needed.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Way too difficult to coordinate and pull off.

1. Most of the people on the forum, especially those that you would want involved, are already doing their own thing and are busy.

2. I can already see the dozens of replies. All of them from people who joined the forum 23 seconds ago, haven't read TMF , and have never taken action before in their life. But they all want to be involved because they're still in that chasing money phase, and a chance at working alongside Vigilante, biophase, JackEdwards, Z, MJ, etc. means a cut of the profits with someone smarter doing all the work.

3. Most of the people on this forum are (or strive to be) leaders. Think of it like a football team. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning could never be on the same team, because both want to be the guy calling the shots.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.