The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Groundhog Day Is The Best Entrepreneur Movie To Watch

Lex Vance

Bronze Contributor
Feb 19, 2019
After watching the movie Groundhog Day for the 10,723 time, it dawned on me that this is the best movie to watch for all aspiring entrepreneurs or anyone looking for life change. He wakes up every day & lives the same day over & over again. Ahem, the scripted life!

Also, the key is to look at Rita as an analogy for all your hopes & dreams. At first Phil starts action faking to get her. He had zero interest in the process of getting his dream of being with her. Until he decided to fall in love with the process, all his hopes & dreams fell apart. When he finally gives in and stops action faking & starts providing real world value, he finally breaks the spell of living the same day over & over & finally gets his dream. Rita.

At the end when he looks over & sees his dream laying next to him he says, "Is there anything I can do for you?" Meaning, is there anything of value I can give to you today? If you've never seen this movie, I highly recommend you watch it with an entrepreneurial mindset.

Check out this video! It does an awesome job explaining it.

View: https://youtu.be/x_yny32BwEA

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
L

Lex Vance

Bronze Contributor
Feb 19, 2019
It's a great flick, and I hadn't thought of it as a "fastlane" parable. Good analysis.
For sure! It didn't hit me until after I read MJ's books. I said holy Crap, this movie is about a guy living the scripted life. LOL

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 3, 2018
That's a very unique perspective on the movie

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
I always knew it was associated with how life locks you in to the same routine, but the last time I saw it I did not know about the scripted term. Very fitting.

abogdan88

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 3, 2016
to make someone else happy
to improve someone's life

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I love that movie.

I remember trying to watch it again on a long haul flight to Australia. I fell asleep and woke up half way through. Not wanting to spoil it I turned it off and waited till it started again.

Except I fell asleep and woke up halfway through again.

I did this *three* times!!!

I never did get to see the movie again before we landed. It was kinda apt I thought.

Man gets what he wants by helping others get what they want.

EDIT: Great video breakdown.

Reactions: Roz

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
This movie is brilliant, I thought something similar to you when I saw it. My other learning I got from it is even though you might have some routine/repetitive situations it is up to you to spark things up by taking different decisions or seeing how you can make things more interesting to both yourself and others.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I recall the last year of my job, after our company was bought out by a large corporation, every morning felt the same. I used to use groundhog day as an analogy. When there's no passion for what you do, you wake up feeling numb.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Called this two year ago...

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 11.51.17.png

Movies to watch with Fastlane Mindset/ Lessons?

It is a great movie for showing the compound result of taking different actions. How every day's actions add up into an end result.

One of my favourite movies.

Madman1996

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
After watching the movie Groundhog Day for the 10,723 time, it dawned on me that this is the best movie to watch for all aspiring entrepreneurs or anyone looking for life change. He wakes up every day & lives the same day over & over again. Ahem, the scripted life!

Also, the key is to look at Rita as an analogy for all your hopes & dreams. At first Phil starts action faking to get her. He had zero interest in the process of getting his dream of being with her. Until he decided to fall in love with the process, all his hopes & dreams fell apart. When he finally gives in and stops action faking & starts providing real world value, he finally breaks the spell of living the same day over & over & finally gets his dream. Rita.

At the end when he looks over & sees his dream laying next to him he says, "Is there anything I can do for you?" Meaning, is there anything of value I can give to you today? If you've never seen this movie, I highly recommend you watch it with an entrepreneurial mindset.

Check out this video! It does an awesome job explaining it.

View: https://youtu.be/x_yny32BwEA
I did watch this yesterday awesome movie explains alot it is a terrifying situation being stuck in the script planning the escape is sweet as honey
The hums and the bumps along the way are part of the process only feedback

BellaPippin

Enough snacking on mediocrity.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Completely agree. I mean that's the whole message of the movie I think, he was selfish and learns to care about others.

But please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this:

Have you considered that, in the end, only one day passed for everyone else, so like, Rita falls deeply in love with a man in one day ? D:

GuitarManDan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 28, 2017
Scottsdale
I've always loved this movie but never dug too deep to know why, the video's perspective was a cool way to look at it.

I can definitely relate to every day being the same. Days become weeks, weeks become months, months become years and it all just is so monotonous and time seems to go by much quicker when nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Ever since I left the job around almost 2 years ago and started my business, it's crazy how it's seemed like time has slowed down as everyday is always some different new challenge/task/goal that comes up.

Mainstream7

Beauty is Truth
Jan 1, 2015
Loved that movie. Right in the kokoro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom