The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings

mtak.doc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
464%
Feb 28, 2017
South
Hi there

Jan 2017 i started learning python until my pycharm compiler would no longer play nice,beautiful soup wouldnt cooperate.Moved onto java.Free learning websites are a blessing(staying positive:)...).Hit a brick wall.moved onto html.css.javascript is where i am right now.*writing this as i am getting ready to repair a maintenance problem at 17:29pm.

I really do like the youtube videos @MJ DeMarco.great help.have 1 website i want to build and i need help and advice.Thank you in advance for your time speaking to a newb.

i really just want to build a site that compares transport costs between uber gautrain and riyaviya public bus system around my city and possibly the rest of south africa.

Thank you in advance friends.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Richard Holguin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 23, 2017
Delano
I've only spent a tiny fraction of my time to this site and already I have good feelings. It appears as if it is a hub for peoples insights and ideas for improvements on any matter. If I am correct please let me know as it will help me save time, as that at the moment is my most valuable possession in my control.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome.
@Fox here is one of the go-to guys here for website creation.
GOLD - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months
I picked up some pointers from him and they were very good.
I'm surprised you ditched python for java. Java may have a better running performance, but python is simpler to learn, and it more suited for data science. But your present pick of html, css and javascript will do, since it's only a transport cost comparison website.

But doesn't your state government have its own official website? No other competitors or similar websites? Are they running as slow as turtles, or not available on the app store? If you are planning to enable visitors to buy tickets from your site, providing cashflow, are the payment merchant links secure and won't crash?

These are some REAL problems I have dealt with when buying tickets online using the local train website. Shitty service. I switched to a travel website that was more user-friendly. IMO, a trump card you can focus on is SPEED. If I want to know a ticket price, I need to know NOW because I'm in a hurry!

Richard Holguin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 23, 2017
Delano
So,

Still have not spent any time on this site...im still stuck in the world i live in:

34 years old. 3 girls. 2 are of my blood. The oldest is 17 from a previous 10 year relationship that ended last feb 2016. now i am fighting in court for just 50/50. my girls love me and my step daughter wants to stay with me.

Im attending community college with the funds I have from the post 9/11 G.I. bill. this barley get's me by as my source income of $1100 per month full time ( which now has been dropped to 3/4 time because of all the missed days from court)

I am in debt by about $6000 dollars due to rent that has gone unpaid for over a year and two ceditcards that are maxed out.

I was expecting tax refund to cover it but my ex claimed everything and left me nothing.

im being hit at all angles, as work is drying up. There is a lot to talk about work wise. I word for Farmers machine in Delano ,CA and we cant seem to get the buisness going.

I have tons of knowledge and great orginization skills. I can weld, machine using a lathe mill, im learning CNC, I understand electronics and can fix almost anything. Im a musician and an artist of different mediums. i aspire to help anyone achieve their goals.

I make the most out of the little I have. There is much more to my story and my suffering but I now only see how every barrier is a new opportunity to grow and I'm begging to lose focus on my abilities to help anyone because I cant even get out of my own hole.

Sorry I had a bad day with the love of my life that I thought I almost lost. Ill stay positive and a thank you for anyone that devoted your time to read this...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
So,

Still have not spent any time on this site...im still stuck in the world i live in:

34 years old. 3 girls. 2 are of my blood. The oldest is 17 from a previous 10 year relationship that ended last feb 2016. now i am fighting in court for just 50/50. my girls love me and my step daughter wants to stay with me.

Im attending community college with the funds I have from the post 9/11 G.I. bill. this barley get's me by as my source income of $1100 per month full time ( which now has been dropped to 3/4 time because of all the missed days from court)

I am in debt by about $6000 dollars due to rent that has gone unpaid for over a year and two ceditcards that are maxed out.

I was expecting tax refund to cover it but my ex claimed everything and left me nothing.

im being hit at all angles, as work is drying up. There is a lot to talk about work wise. I word for Farmers machine in Delano ,CA and we cant seem to get the buisness going.

I have tons of knowledge and great orginization skills. I can weld, machine using a lathe mill, im learning CNC, I understand electronics and can fix almost anything. Im a musician and an artist of different mediums. i aspire to help anyone achieve their goals.

I make the most out of the little I have. There is much more to my story and my suffering but I now only see how every barrier is a new opportunity to grow and I'm begging to lose focus on my abilities to help anyone because I cant even get out of my own hole.

Sorry I had a bad day with the love of my life that I thought I almost lost. Ill stay positive and a thank you for anyone that devoted your time to read this...
Focus on getting rid of the debt first. Then you can move easier. And even though I am not an American, community college is a good avenue for relatively inexpensive education that is very relevant even for a Fastlane.

Your welding and electronics knowledge might be very useful. You can either set up a services business for the hustle to build up capital or pay off debts, or find a need to produce a tool to make work easier since you are already operational.

Don't be ashamed to get out of your own hole first before helping people. Nobody is rushing you to contribute! Take your time, do what needs to be done. You can do this.

I myself began my Fastlane journey after seeing my girl go to SCRIPT jail...taking a degree that is not her because of outsider influence, not because the education would help her grow to her fullest. She was consumed...I couldn't talk to her...she was so caught up. Besides, my own family naysayed me to no end...it hurt me to have your loved ones renegade on you. I had many arguments that I have thankfully long forgotten. I know your pain although in varying contexts.

The only thing I could do was to get up painfully, use what I have and move on. Get up, straggle, fall down, pick myself up, get cut, stumble a few steps forward. I couldn't die. I couldn't give up on believing in the Fastlane. For me, it is the only way to break not only myself free, but my girl free. If I gave up, I'm good as dead, and no one will save my girl from SCRIPT hell.

Every time I feel like giving up, I think of the silent tears of loneliness she shed every night,far from home, far from her fields of harvest.

I think of the alternative realities in which she wastes away in a job with no control and little rewards. Her beauty consumed by aging regret, her smile withering with unhappiness, the wonderful dreams in her head drying off, the sweet and delicate speech from her mouth turning rough with angst.

I think of her parents who never get to see their only daughter come back to enjoy reunions, festivals, or simple dinners. I really want her to enjoy her family, although I have never met them. I wonder who they feel, having her empty bedroom, no laughter or chatter....I want her to enjoy better than I do.

Many people have told me to give up on her. There is no virtue in doing that. Do you leave someone to be torn apart by wolves even though you hate the person or have no need for it? No.
It's not heroic. It's dirty, it's difficult, it's heart wrenching.

Writing this makes me feel miserable and angry enough to work like a berserker...but I won't, too much emotion can create lots of errors.

But I know to a degree what you are facing. WE do. Be strong. We are with you! You have access here to people who are not only fighting for their freedom from the SCRIPT, but also endeavouring to provide value to one another. Use it! And you don't even need an INSIDERS for that...

mtak.doc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
464%
Feb 28, 2017
South
Welcome.
@Fox here is one of the go-to guys here for website creation.
GOLD - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months
I picked up some pointers from him and they were very good.
I'm surprised you ditched python for java. Java may have a better running performance, but python is simpler to learn, and it more suited for data science. But your present pick of html, css and javascript will do, since it's only a transport cost comparison website.

But doesn't your state government have its own official website? No other competitors or similar websites? Are they running as slow as turtles, or not available on the app store? If you are planning to enable visitors to buy tickets from your site, providing cashflow, are the payment merchant links secure and won't crash?

These are some REAL problems I have dealt with when buying tickets online using the local train website. Shitty service. I switched to a travel website that was more user-friendly. IMO, a trump card you can focus on is SPEED. If I want to know a ticket price, I need to know NOW because I'm in a hurry!

It took me long to even look in on this thread. I did not think i was going to get a reply.

Python is much simpler to learn but BeautifulSoup was giving me a hard time. I did not want to stagnate so i just went to the next thing i could find and Java seemed like the closest for an entry level language.
At every point of course completion i began looking for clients and when i was browsing for email addresses or websites to call up.
I kept learning the next thing.

*EDIT i did follow @Fox 's thread and facebook group really closely, a resevoir of helpfull info.

Today 3 months later i have a sales person for my own SEO service's.

There is so much more to SEO than ranking.

Everything is shifting to, UI (User Intent), UX (User Experience) and Authority building.

I can begin selling and practicing what i have learned regarding websites and getting them organic and soon paid traffic.

While i write down needs i am identifying. When i begin creating this website over the next 3 months i will have a few more tools at my disposal to get it in front of as many people as possible.

So far the process to purchase any government transportation tickets is strictly a cash system. I do not want to take on any epic red tape challenges, all i wanted to do was compare prices as a service and learn how to generate traffic.

If being able to compare prices is something the consumer can benefit from in one space.
It would provide data metrics(i get to use words like data metrics now) that can be earned from in another space while a brand is finding its feet.

The option for buying would come later once enough traffic is present on the site or app.

There is only airline ticket, price comparison, competition online,(try saying that fast) not even car rental let alone public transport.

I am learning a whole lot about website speed. Its seems like the idea can be effective but only data can prove this.

Stay tuned

Appreciate the advice and reminding me why i started. When there are so many more shiny object syndrome factors @ZF Lee

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...