The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Hello folks,

I had a big long introduction typed up and went to submit it and I wasn't logged in so it was lost BangHead, so here's a bit of an abbreviated introduction.

Name: Chris, however most people call me coach.

Bio:

Learned at an early age I was highly motivated and outgoing. I started coaching baseball at age 16 and by the time I was 20 I won coaching awards, coached out provincial selects (all-star) team and became a community leader. I've since been involved heavily in our local soccer club in the winters.

Mom was an accountant for the city before she had us 4 kids, so she always told us to work hard and get a good government job and you'll be set for life with good benefits and a pension. She also taught me the importance of saving when I'm young and how compound interest works. My dad, a journeyman electrician, on the other hand always said, "You don't make money working for someone else and making him or her money. Start your own business." I've always had the entrepreneurial spirit. When I was 11 I would set up a table and make my own baseball card store at my parents garage sales. When I was 21 I wanted to get into rental properties, but I didn't have enough guts and/or knowledge to jump in. While most of my working career so far has been in the E quadrant, I've dabbled in some small businesses and learned how running a business works through trial and error. These businesses have ranged from e-bay stores to a concert promoting/band management company.

Over the last 2 years or so, I've been really focused on money and becoming financially free. I've read several books, listened to countless audio books while driving, and frequented any financial website I can find. After reading books like Rich Dad Poor Dad, Wealthy Barber, and The Secret, I was able to sort out the good advice from the not so good advice my parents had given, and sort of some of the good things I've been doing from the not so productive things I've been doing. I've cleaned out all the negative/non-productive influences in my life and I'm focused on success now.

Currently, I own about 40% equity in my first home, which will become my first revenue property shortly. I have roughly $20,000 in investments (mostly mutual funds with some DRiPs) and I'm self-employed building a business in an insurance and investment industry.

What brought me here? I was invited to check out this board from another richdad forum'er. I don't think I need to get into the reasons for looking for something like this over richdad, since it seems there are a few richdad deserters here.

I look forward to learning a few things from all the successful people here, and hopefully some of my knowledge and experience is valuable to some of the people here as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
Welcome to the fastlane coach. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007