The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings!

Momentum

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 21, 2011
Nashville, TN
Hello, Everyone!

My name is Kurt, and I am new to the forums. I am currently in the process of reading MJ's book, and am enjoying the perspective that the book provides.

I am a senior in college, studying business with a major in accounting. I am interested in several areas of business, and hope to start several over the years. As a student, I have few funds, but am rich in time. As such, I am currently interested in starting a small online business as a learning experience. This will be a challenge due to my lack of experience in web design, but I hope to pick up enough knowledge to implement something effective.

These forums, and the members here, seem to hold a wealth of information and experience, and I look forward to soaking up as much as I can!

Thanks for having me!
Kurt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Will you be going for your CPA when you graduate?

Momentum

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 21, 2011
Nashville, TN
Runum,

Thank you for the words of welcome and the tip for focusing my questions. Beer and Pancakes seems like an interesting opportunity; I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

When I graduate from undergrad in December, I'm either going into a MaCC program or an MBA program to fulfill the hours requirements, and then I'll start sitting for the CPA exam. I had an internship this year in public accounting (focusing on the audit of large banks and insurance companies), and had a pretty good time. I hope to go full-time for a few years to better learn the banking industry.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Kurt and welcome!

D

DeletedUser1

As such, I am currently interested in starting a small online business as a learning experience. This will be a challenge due to my lack of experience in web design, but I hope to pick up enough knowledge to implement something effective.

Kurt

Kurt check out wix.com if you want to get a site up and running. It's free, easy to create an ec eCommerce page, and the video tutorials are excellent. google: wix.com and it will lead you there. Also once you've completed your site, check out their monthly plan with many benefits that you will appreciate.

I've not much experience in web design (so I though at the time) but after using 'wix' easy to create any-type-of-web-page-you-desire: I realized that it was I who was standing in my own way by saying - at the time - that I didn't have the experience. I soon discovered my potential and now have a site up.

Momentum

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 21, 2011
Nashville, TN
MJ,

Thank you for the welcome!

Creative1,

Thank you for the tip on Wix.com, I'll definitely give it a look!
Would you care to PM me a link to your page so that I can get a glimpse of a real site made with their software?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...