• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Introduction Greetings! Still trying to merge into the fast lane.

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Patrick Besong, May 18, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Patrick Besong

Patrick Besong New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Hello all. I'm a software developer who has been selling my own s/w for the past 10 years, and while I've done ok, eclipsing my yearly salary at my day job for a couple years, i'm not at the point where I can just quit my job and be able to count on a certain level of income. In fact, sales have been down in recent years despite advertising on FB. My organic SEO has my s/w on the first page of google, but that isn't a guarantee of success. I've been using MeetEdgar for the past month. Not sure yet if it's been real positive, but I do see some activity from it to some extent.

I'm also 58 years old and work for a major university and frankly the 75% tuition discount i get there makes it tough to give it up too. I need to hang on at least another 6 years until my youngest is through college and by then i'll be pretty close to retirement age. That is unless I can really kick this business into high gear to the point where the discount would not be worth the pain of staying. I'm part of a mastermind group and it's been very helpful. Just hoping to pick up some wisdom here in this forum. Any other s/w developers out there?

BTW I am using XOJO (formerly RealBasic and RealStudio) as my software development plaform. My degree is actually in art, so it's kind of crazy that I'd be running a software business online. I have sales automated so that when someone purchases, they get the serial number and download link to the final version of the s/w (there is a 14 day fully functional demo available so they can try before they buy). So for the most part it's passive income. I occasionally have tech support questions to answer, but it's not something I have to do too often. I could run this on the side till i retire if I wanted to without much trouble.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $214,358
    Admin Post
    Welcome Patrick!

Patrick Besong likes this.