The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Christophe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 4, 2017
United States
Hello everyone,

I am a Life and Career coach and my focus is on startup founders. I started my business a few months ago and I am currently learning about the entrepreneurial side of coaching, which is completely new to me but I love it so far. I just started to read the Millionaire FastLane . The first and only time I was exposed to entrepreneurship was 5-6 years ago for a brief time when I bought wholesale video games and resold them. I didn’t make much money but I enjoyed the process and haven’t forgotten about the experience.

I am French and have been a US resident for the past 14 years. I have been a public school teacher for the past twelve years, I got burnt out a couple of times in this job. I was in and out of depression for years. I stuck with it because of my financial responsibilities towards my family and my inability to look for anything else at the time. I’m still teaching full time at the same school but I’m doing coaching on the side. These burnouts were undoubtedly the most trying times of my life. However, with hindsight, I believe that without having reached rock bottom for all these years I don’t think I would be the person that I am today. I feel these challenging experiences forged me into who I am now and tremendously helped me in finding myself and my essence.

I fell into Education; my degrees were in Foreign languages and Management. I always loved psychology and was very interested in self help books. Anyway, after over twenty years, I finally figured out what my calling was: helping people cope with stress, anxiety and mild/moderate depression at work and find their life purpose or rekindle their dream through coaching. By the end of our coaching together, clients will be aligned with what matters most to them in life and business (more wealth, more free time, more happiness, etc.). How did I know it was my calling? Because when I coach I feel so energized, joyful and on top of that I am good at it! Most of the time, it doesn’t feel like work. Nothing I have ever done can compare...I get the chills just writing about it. I finished up the necessary coursework for coaching and should be able to get certified by the ICF (the most well known coaching organization) by this fall.

But what is coaching? Here’s a definition that might be a little lengthy but is a great representation of how I view coaching.
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
  • Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
  • Encourage client self-discovery
  • Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
  • Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
(From the ICF website)

I’m glad I have found this forum and very much look forward to supporting you guys and learning with you how to be a successful and fulfilled entrepreneur!

Christophe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ajmassaro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 30, 2018
New Haven, CT
Hello everyone,

I am a Life and Career coach and my focus is on startup founders. I started my business a few months ago and I am currently learning about the entrepreneurial side of coaching, which is completely new to me but I love it so far. I just started to read the Millionaire FastLane . The first and only time I was exposed to entrepreneurship was 5-6 years ago for a brief time when I bought wholesale video games and resold them. I didn’t make much money but I enjoyed the process and haven’t forgotten about the experience.

I am French and have been a US resident for the past 14 years. I have been a public school teacher for the past twelve years, I got burnt out a couple of times in this job. I was in and out of depression for years. I stuck with it because of my financial responsibilities towards my family and my inability to look for anything else at the time. I’m still teaching full time at the same school but I’m doing coaching on the side. These burnouts were undoubtedly the most trying times of my life. However, with hindsight, I believe that without having reached rock bottom for all these years I don’t think I would be the person that I am today. I feel these challenging experiences forged me into who I am now and tremendously helped me in finding myself and my essence.

I fell into Education; my degrees were in Foreign languages and Management. I always loved psychology and was very interested in self help books. Anyway, after over twenty years, I finally figured out what my calling was: helping people cope with stress, anxiety and mild/moderate depression at work and find their life purpose or rekindle their dream through coaching. By the end of our coaching together, clients will be aligned with what matters most to them in life and business (more wealth, more free time, more happiness, etc.). How did I know it was my calling? Because when I coach I feel so energized, joyful and on top of that I am good at it! Most of the time, it doesn’t feel like work. Nothing I have ever done can compare...I get the chills just writing about it. I finished up the necessary coursework for coaching and should be able to get certified by the ICF (the most well known coaching organization) by this fall.

But what is coaching? Here’s a definition that might be a little lengthy but is a great representation of how I view coaching.
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
  • Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
  • Encourage client self-discovery
  • Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
  • Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
(From the ICF website)

I’m glad I have found this forum and very much look forward to supporting you guys and learning with you how to be a successful and fulfilled entrepreneur!

Christophe

Hi Christophe, my name is AJ Massaro and I loved reading your story.

As I had discussed in my formal forum introduction (with a little bit of push-back of course), a very similar story in regards to anxiety and depression (as you'll also see in our mission statement on our website).

I'd love to pick your brain sometime - send me a PM or we can exchange e-mails!

Thanks a lot- hope to speak with you soon!
AJ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...