The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Sunny Scotland

awd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
Hey, just thought I'd make a quick introduction. First heard about this form a couple of days ago on Fox's YouTube channel and decided to join.

I'm 35 and started my own web design company after studying software development for a year at the Open University. Made a WordPress site for a friend and he asked me, 'What's the name of your business and what's your website address?', and something just clicked in my brain after years of doing nothing with my life. I immediately just went for it, registered a limited company and decided to go all-in.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm now building websites for my 7th, 8th and 9th clients. Not huge contracts or loads of money but for a start I'm quite happy. Now looking at how to scale and start finding the bigger clients.

Anyway, hello from Scotland and good luck to everyone else on their journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

awd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
Hey, just thought I'd make a quick introduction. First heard about this form a couple of days ago on Fox's YouTube channel and decided to join.

I'm 35 and started my own web design company after studying software development for a year at the Open University. Made a WordPress site for a friend and he asked me, 'What's the name of your business and what's your website address?', and something just clicked in my brain after years of doing nothing with my life. I immediately just went for it, registered a limited company and decided to go all-in.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm now building websites for my 7th, 8th and 9th clients. Not huge contracts or loads of money but for a start I'm quite happy. Now looking at how to scale and start finding the bigger clients.

Anyway, hello from Scotland and good luck to everyone else on their journey.

In case anyone is interested, it's now 9 months later and today I closed with something like my 30th client. Genuinely kinda lost count. I know it's 30 or just over but I'd have to look at my invoices.

It's been a wild ride and I plan on making a proper post about it all but figured I'd drop by as I just signed up for FOX's Web School to begin getting bigger clients, and I know he's a big fan of this forum.

If anyone is just starting, know that if you put in the work (I have basically lived and breathed my business), leverage business networks and leave every client as happy as you possibly can, then you can do it. Just keep plodding away and keep believing in yourself!

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Made a WordPress site for a friend and he asked me, 'What's the name of your business and what's your website address?', and something just clicked in my brain after years of doing nothing with my life. I immediately just went for it, registered a limited company and decided to go all-in.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm now building websites for my 7th, 8th and 9th clients
Welcome & congratulations for taking action, well done, very cool story!

awd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
Welcome & congratulations for taking action, well done, very cool story!

Thanks, mate. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster of going between being super busy and loving life, to having no clients and questioning my whole existence. I need to work more on my cold email game so that I don't have any of the quiet moments. Well, either that or get higher paying clients so I can manage the quiet times better.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I need to work more on my cold email game so that I don't have any of the quiet moments. Well, either that or get higher paying clients so I can manage the quiet times better.
You may have already seen this as it's from Fox, this particular post talks about type of companies to target.

Lots of threads on web design & marketing techniques though.
I don't recall seeing anything specifically for cold email but I wasn't looking
You could do a forum search

Have you considered getting a freelance copywriter draft some emails?
Upwork is supposed to be reasonable for this kind of thing.

awd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
You may have already seen this as it's from Fox, this particular post talks about type of companies to target.

Lots of threads on web design & marketing techniques though.
I don't recall seeing anything specifically for cold email but I wasn't looking
You could do a forum search

Have you considered getting a freelance copywriter draft some emails?
Upwork is supposed to be reasonable for this kind of thing.

Thanks. I'll have a look. Fox's stuff is gold.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Welcome! Looking forward to your progress.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Welcome. Nice story.
I was in Scotland once and I really like the scenery there :)
Wishing you luck.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know it's 30 or just over but I'd have to look at my invoices.

Congrats, are you on your own or do you have a normal job as well?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...