The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Greetings from Sunny Scotland

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

awd

New Contributor
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
Hey, just thought I'd make a quick introduction. First heard about this form a couple of days ago on Fox's YouTube channel and decided to join.

I'm 35 and started my own web design company after studying software development for a year at the Open University. Made a WordPress site for a friend and he asked me, 'What's the name of your business and what's your website address?', and something just clicked in my brain after years of doing nothing with my life. I immediately just went for it, registered a limited company and decided to go all-in.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm now building websites for my 7th, 8th and 9th clients. Not huge contracts or loads of money but for a start I'm quite happy. Now looking at how to scale and start finding the bigger clients.

Anyway, hello from Scotland and good luck to everyone else on their journey.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Odysseus M Jones

1046, 1569, 2092, 3138...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
50.4555° N, 4.4647° W
Made a WordPress site for a friend and he asked me, 'What's the name of your business and what's your website address?', and something just clicked in my brain after years of doing nothing with my life. I immediately just went for it, registered a limited company and decided to go all-in.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm now building websites for my 7th, 8th and 9th clients
Welcome & congratulations for taking action, well done, very cool story!

OP
OP
A

awd

New Contributor
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
Welcome & congratulations for taking action, well done, very cool story!
Thanks, mate. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster of going between being super busy and loving life, to having no clients and questioning my whole existence. I need to work more on my cold email game so that I don't have any of the quiet moments. Well, either that or get higher paying clients so I can manage the quiet times better.

Odysseus M Jones

1046, 1569, 2092, 3138...
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
50.4555° N, 4.4647° W
I need to work more on my cold email game so that I don't have any of the quiet moments. Well, either that or get higher paying clients so I can manage the quiet times better.
You may have already seen this as it's from Fox, this particular post talks about type of companies to target.

Lots of threads on web design & marketing techniques though.
I don't recall seeing anything specifically for cold email but I wasn't looking
You could do a forum search

Have you considered getting a freelance copywriter draft some emails?
Upwork is supposed to be reasonable for this kind of thing.

OP
OP
A

awd

New Contributor
Jul 9, 2020
United Kingdom
You may have already seen this as it's from Fox, this particular post talks about type of companies to target.

Lots of threads on web design & marketing techniques though.
I don't recall seeing anything specifically for cold email but I wasn't looking
You could do a forum search

Have you considered getting a freelance copywriter draft some emails?
Upwork is supposed to be reasonable for this kind of thing.
Thanks. I'll have a look. Fox's stuff is gold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I'm thinking about joining the program. How is it like joining from Asia (Japan specifically)...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom