• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Introduction Greetings from O-H-I-O

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Jshaw264, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Jshaw264

Jshaw264 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $36
    Finished the book about a month ago, and I've been recommending it to everyone I know. I started a website, dailyadjuster.com, with the intention of selling leads from storm damage victims to restoration contractors. The book definitely gave me some direction with regard to the progression of things, but I could definitely use some guidance in getting started.

I'm 28, and have been a licensed insurance adjuster for the last 6 years. I am now a safety director for a mid size trucking company. I made a great living adjusting, but with a growing family, I just couldn't justify the travel. However, I had the opportunity to meet a lot of contractors from different states, and all of them could use more leads. My hope with dailyadjuster.com is to gain a following of homeowners, and sell their leads direct to trusted contractors who can fix their issues.

What comes first? Do I build a data base of contractors? Or do I focus on the homeowners/ following first? This is my first website, so there's a lot to learn for sure...

Anyway, I'm happy to be a part of this community, and look forward to hearing from everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $114,291
    Welcome to the forum.

Your website sucks.

You need to get basic information "above the fold" because when I visit your site, you make me scroll down before I even get ANY content.

Would you pick up a newspaper off of a news stand, and open past the front cover to see the headlines?

You might have a great idea, but the execution needs a lot of work.

However, we all start(ed) somewhere.

MJ DeMarco, Kingmaker and jon.a like this.
  3. Jshaw264

Jshaw264 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $36
    Hey, I appreciate the feedback. That's what I'm here for. Gives me something to work on.

jon.a, Kingmaker and Vigilante like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $208,471
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum my friend, and thanks for the intro. (And for recommending TMF to friends)

First, you won't get a following of homeowners as your niche is on-demand. There is no loyalty here except from the business side, the contractors who buy your leads.

Second, to echo what @Vigilante said, your website needs a lot of work -- cut the chase of what you are offering. The header has way to much dead space as well. That said, I think the idea has potential, but yea, it will be tough execution.

Hope to hear more from you around here.

Kingmaker likes this.
  5. Jshaw264

Jshaw264 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $36
    MJ, thanks for the feedback. It's encouraging to hear from you. The site is still just in the beginning stages, and I agree it still needs a lot of work. I've been at a bit of a crossroads of who to go after first, and you've confirmed my gut feeling. Make the purpose clear, and market the service to the contractors first.

Ps. If you're ever passing through the Canton, Oh area, I'd love to pick your brain over a cup of coffee