The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Australia

Sau

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Mar 20, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for letting me be part of this community. I hope to add value to this forum while I learn from here.

To Summarize my life so far :
1. Bachelors in Engineering + Masters in management
2. Lived in Europe for study
3. Lived in China for 7 years (work in IT Sales). I speak mandarin
4. Recently moved to Australia (just 6 weeks back)
5. 33 years old
6. Hobbies : Scuba diving, Salsa, Paddling (Dragon Boat)

The Story so far :
Can not complain about life but I am tired of being not in charge when it comes to my work. Coming from typical Asian middle class family - I could only be doctor, engineer or a disappointment.
My first realization came about in 2011, after working 4 years in IT already, when I read the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad (don't judge me on this please) only to realize that everything I have been taught about money is just wrong. My immediate circle thinks that my career looks on good path and i should not expect more but I am still not making money and i have to beg to my bosses for salary hike. Then came more and more books on same topics - self improvement, money etc. All learning and no action happened. This went on till 2018 January when I left my job in China and land in Australia.

The situation now :
I have landed my self a job in IT sales but that is just to support myself temporarily while i figure out what to do next. Currently living in backpackers hostel and surviving on my savings till i get my first salary.

Goals (quantified) :
1. Property : Make at least 40,000 AUD in next 6 months and buy an investment property with 90% Mortgage.
Action so far : Have attended seminars from property development to property bulk buying to mortgage brokers seminar. Almost 20 in last 6 weeks in sydney, melbourne and adelaide.
What's needed most : A mentor. Still looking for person who can guide me a little in Australian market as i have zero experience in property.

2. Online Business : To have an online business generating at least 1000 USD per month
Action so far :
Affiliate Marketing : Bought a course on Udemy about clickbank and direct linking with bing ads PPC. Made 2 sales in first 20 clicks and then nothing for last 3 days. This is also teaching me how to direct traffic. I have zero experience in affiliate marketing before this.
E commerce : Looking out for cheap drop shipping stores that I can buy and then implement actions from point above.

3. Offline Business : Make atleast 25,000 AUD to be put in a coffee shop with 75% business loan.
Action so far : Starting a barista course in April last week on part time basis.

4. Networking :
Going to all the start up events and meeting like minded people. Have a good circle now that includes accountants, real estate agents, fitness instructor, side hustle coach etc. They all have same mindset to get out of rat race.

I am new to all this and have no experience and very less savings. All I have is a zeal to excel and I am taking actions now.

Last month in sydney, I got suckered into an online MLM thing called MOBE - paid 650 AUD only to realize that the 3 day seminar was not an online traffic teaching workshop but more of a 3 day sales pitch where they will teach you to sell THEIR products if you invested further 2500 USD with them. They called these opportunities. I saw people buying these for 40,000 AUD with their credit cards. Now, i am not in position to comment whether it is good thing or bad because apparently those guys are making money and I am not.

Please feel free to add your comments, say hello or just give some suggestions you feel might be useful in my journey.

Cheers and have a nice day you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great introduction, thanks for sharing.

Last month in sydney, I got suckered into an online MLM thing called MOBE - paid 650 AUD only to realize that the 3 day seminar was not an online traffic teaching workshop but more of a 3 day sales pitch where they will teach you to sell THEIR products if you invested further 2500 USD with them. They called these opportunities. I saw people buying these for 40,000 AUD with their credit cards. Now, i am not in position to comment whether it is good thing or bad because apparently those guys are making money and I am not.

Bro-marketing is not a path of integrity. Making money doesn't not excuse the means, if so, robbing the elderly would be OK, afterall, I just made money!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...