The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings! And some advice would be appreciated.

Henry84

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 10, 2015
Hello, everyone.

My name is Henry and have had the pleasure of reading TMF and will be reading Unscripted shortly.

The book has certainly changed how I view the world and would like to thank Mr. DeMarco for writing such a profound book. I've been creeping the forums and re-reading TMF from time to time but have decided to actively contribute to the community now.

Now onto more about myself. Well, too be frank, I had a pretty shitty abusive childhood compounded with chronic health issues. I'm currently 33 years old, bankrupt (which will be clear in a few years) and married. The bankruptcy was the result of poor health but things are much better now. The intention here is not to draw sympathy or anything like that; I'm sure people have had it harder than me and others have had it easier.

Currently, I work as a digtal marketer in an advertising agency. My employers are quite amazing and it's a small, tight-knit company. It's not a bad slowlane job, but it's still slowlane, however.

In terms of entrepreneurial pursuits I had a eBay motors dropshipping company (which I had to close down due to fee increases --> lack of control here was the problem), tried to dropship medical equipment, but the web developer who was suppose to build the store ran off with $ (this was pre-shopify days), and my latest failure was quite spectacular.

With a business partner, we were trying to make make an Uber version of connecting home care workers with people who want services at the tap of a button on an app. We spent a year on it, and had the app developed and everything, but my partner ultimately backed out because another project she was working on starting generating revenue. It was messy at the end to say the least.

The dilemma I find myself in is that my wife and I may have an entrepreneurial spirit but are limited by our bankruptcy. We do have an idea for developing a pet care product that may be worth pursing, but it may be expensive to prototype and develop. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for reading :) and I'd be happy to answer any questions should anyone have any.
Henry

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...