• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Great iPhone Apps for Business/Productivity

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneurship and Startup' started by MJ DeMarco, Apr 23, 2009.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $207,366
    Admin Post
    I thought there was a thread like this but couldn't find it.

What apps have your found that are great for business and productivity?

My favorite so far is "QuickVoice" which a voice recorder.

I can't recall how many times I've been in the car or at the store and had a thought or idea that needed to be remembered; I record the thought on my iPhone and retrieve it later.

If I don't record the thought/idea, I lose it. The recorder has helped me save countless thoughts/ideas that I needed to retrieve later which otherwise, would have been lost in the abyss.

2. scottiek

scottiek PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Twitterific is great if you're a twitter fan.

3. hakrjak

hakrjak Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $122
    I LOVE VLINGO! It's a great app for voice-to-text... Comes in handy for updating your facebook status on the fly ;)

- Hakrjak

4. msa1

msa1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $41
    I've recently fallen in love with my new I-touch. I bought it for business. I used to bring a computer to estimates to show photos to potential clients. Now I have my pics on the touch. It starts immediately and I can hand it to the customer and they can browse project specific pics without having to wait for me to go through all my pics on the computer.

5. TaxGuy

TaxGuy Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $68
    bump

with iPhone OS 3.0 out today we can finally copy/paste, landscape keyboard for txt/email, search(a la Spotlight on OS X) and my fav- use stereo bluetooth :)

but yea, looking forward to more apps as I spend so much time on mine I need to figure out a way to make it productive :p

6. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $35
    I like apps that work across different devices, and where the data is stored in the cloud.

Evernote to store everything and anything digital: text, PDF files, pictures, web pages and more!

LastPass to store those important things that you don't want anyone else to know (passwords, account numbers, etc)

Instapaper to read web pages later, and in a more readable format.

RememberTheMilk for to-do list management.

Kindle to read books whenever and whereever I may be.

Google Gmail for my iphone's email and contacts.

iThoughts for mind mapping my thoughts, with my maps sync'd to other devices via DropBox.

7. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Also Apple's "Find iPhone" app, so I can wipe my phone remotely in case I lose it.

8. mrhahn

mrhahn New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $46
    I'm sure iphone has a counterpart, but for my android I use "My Work Clock" to track my time working on my projects. It's free, supports multiple projects/jobs, and can export to email/excel.