The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great idea....no time to execute currently!

Idea threads

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Hey guys I just wanted to post in this section (assuming it's the correct one) about an idea that I have. I'm currently doing the assessment of it, but all outlooks are good thus far.

Here's the problem though, even though this is just an idea (basically dirt until it's acted upon) I realize I'll need a partner to execute the idea within the next 24 months. I'm currently running my own fastlane business and building different sectors of it which is my main focus. I'm also continuing work on patenting an invention then licensing (thanks for the suggestion guys!) it to major retailers. So I don't have time to execute this idea alone.

So I'm basically looking for someone to invest capital as well as work with me on this project, doing so I realize I'll be giving up a major portion of the profits but I'm not too worried about this, I just want this executed asap.

Any suggestions on where to look? I've tapped my other resources on other projects and I don't want to break their focus.

A very vague run down is this: It involves Cars (something MJ might love) advertisements and focused customer groups.

It's early so this may not be very coherent but I wanted to throw this out there and see what comes back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
you need some sort of substance for anyone to get interested

have you proven the business model?

have you had previous success with this?

do you have anything else than an idea?

otherwise, no one will give your idea a second thought imo (especially if you're looking for them to invest AND work on it)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I get asked all the time by people that have a great idea but have no time to pursue but want to be 50/50 partners. I will never partner with anyone who just has an idea and wants me to do all the execution and financial backing.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I've literally have a list of over 100 ideas. Someone should just pony up some capital and give it to me then build the business and they can be my partner ;)

You are giving up profits? Your business un-executed business idea is already generating profits? Where do I send my money??!!! ;)

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
you need some sort of substance for anyone to get interested

have you proven the business model?

have you had previous success with this?

do you have anything else than an idea?

otherwise, no one will give your idea a second thought imo (especially if you're looking for them to invest AND work on it)

Appreciate the reply, currently wasn't trying to get anyone interested in on here (yet) but thanks!

- see above post for assessment

- previous success in similar areas yes

- I always have something else ;)

Thank you for the input though, please don't think I'm taking it lightly. I learned a long time ago I don't know everything so I'm always looking for fresh thoughts and ideas.

I get asked all the time by people that have a great idea but have no time to pursue but want to be 50/50 partners. I will never partner with anyone who just has an idea and wants me to do all the execution and financial backing.

I completely get that and I'm the same way when someone wants to use my expertise. So maybe I should edit my thread a bit. I really wasn't looking to ask anyone here to pony up all the capital and do all the work, but I can see how it came across that way, so my apologies.

I was asking, essentially, if anyone had ideas on people or places I could seek out to assist me in this venture. No, I don't have time to execute it A to Z, but any venture I undertake I do have time to work on, however, this being such a large one I would need someone else with the time to help, thus partners.

Thanks for helping me clarify.

I've literally have a list of over 100 ideas. Someone should just pony up some capital and give it to me then build the business and they can be my partner ;)

You are giving up profits? Your business un-executed business idea is already generating profits? Where do I send my money??!!! ;)

I'd take this seriously if you yourself didn't have dozens of threads with your ideas asking for assistance to get started. Check yourself before you comment next time.

Executed any lately?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
In some unrelated way this reminded me of a short conversation I had with Vig at B&P breakfast...

We have an amazing level of resources here, an obscene amount at B&P.

What if we formed incubation (Dave's term) teams.

Mentors
Managers
Idea people
Labors
Techies
Funders
Groupies
etc's

WTF could we build!

Insert mind blowing smiley here....

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Just focus on the project(s) you are currently running.

Finish them, automate them with a system then move on to new ventures.

I don't think anyone will want to JV and run your business for you while you do other things.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
In some unrelated way this reminded me of a short conversation I had with Vig at B&P breakfast...

Mentors
Managers
Idea people
Labors
Techies
Funders
Groupies
etc's

WTF could we build!

:urock2:

I believe such Fastlane Crew could do wonders, under a firm arm of already successful fastlaner(s).

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
If there's enough interest and anyone gives me speed for this "idea" I'll step up to the plate and start incubation team #1.
I think it will have to be on the inside though.

jon

Mentors
Managers
Idea people
Labors
Techies
Funders
Groupies
etc's

WTF could we build!

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
If there's enough interest and anyone gives me speed for this "idea" I'll step up to the plate and start incubation team #1.

jon

Make a new thread - give the details and plan - and let the people vote!

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Thanks for the input 100k. I don't struggle to stay focused on my goals and the work required of them, however, I find there are too many profitable problems and not enough of me or my time.

jon

Agree with 100K, start a brand new thread I think it's an awesome idea and we'll see if others agree. If nothing else that will be a great result from this thread.

Please post a link to the new thread in here and I'll be sure to edit the original post with it as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.