The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great example of MJ's lesson-distressed property ride over?

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
This a great real world example from Mj's book. I ran across a short podcast on NPR and, if you listen between the lines, it follows MJ's advice closely relating to the story about a plumber talking about buying rental property. In this story a firefighter is buying distressed real estate and talking about how hard it has become to find good deals. When the "average joe" gets in, its time to get out. Sounds like the ride is nearing the end of the road in distressed for the majority.

NPR Media Player

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
It is. I can't find anything and I've looked in Phoenix, Tampa and Atlanta. The good times seem to be over. :(

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
Not over just have to look into different niches of real estate investing. As MJ said you want to be in a biz with a high degree of difficulty to enter.

On a side note have you looked into Memphis, hearing great things about it. Roc

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It is not over.

But there is a wave washing across the areas which have been impacted so the good areas are pretty much covered. I am noticing that the desired areas are pretty much covered... as we move further east we are seeing available properties but they are not the most desirable because those areas were impacted greatly and seem to have a ways to go before they recover. We looked at a house being listed for $4500 today and the area is in a downward slide so we just kept moving. It is not over, but it is nearing there then in the next 2-3 years we should see prices moving upwards beginning about September this year is my guess.

Keep looking.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
It is not over, I am in Atlanta and there has been some inventory opening up in the past 30 days. We just had 3 under contract, only kept 1.

Rickson, where in ATL are you looking? Are you looking at rentals or flips? Let me know, I can help.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I think the easy money is gone for now. I am hoping my market will loosen up in the off season or some inventory will start being dumped. There still has to be alot of forclosures in the pipe, I know a half dozen people who have not paid their mortgage in 3years and they are still living in their homes. Unless the bank no longer has any idea they own those properties these places will eventually have to hit the market.

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
In markets like this, sometimes you have to think a little more creatively. There is a glaring opportunity just in the fact that there are hardly any mortgage loans to be had...

Distressed properties may not be the golden ticket now, but something else can always take it's place. You just have to find it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.