The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gratitude and Value

Gerome Soriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 8, 2014
Philippines
Hi,

My name is Gerome, and my goal with this introduction is express my gratitude to the awesome people here and to provide value.

I am truly enjoying this forum and on being addicted to the vision of my own fastlane more than any other videogame I spent sleepless nights before :D and will ever be :D

I am in the wonderful country of the Philippines, Advertising design graduate, 24 years old.

Loving the tough love in this forum and the bias to taking action.

Coming out of the shadows to be more accountable to the things I need to get done and to get feedback from peeps here.

GRATITUDE

To MJ DeMarco

For writing the millionaire fastlane book. Much Appreciated!

And to making this community of awesome folks. Much Appreciated!

I really love the tough love here, reminds me the first time I read a Dan Kennedy book. No BS biz advice. And the stuff by MJ and here is even a degree higher than Dan’s. As the fastlane exposes what the gurus do. The Paradox of Practice.

Dang! I have been a consumer for a long time reading, consuming all the guru stuff and still getting nowhere or very little progress. Coz I was of the wrong mindset.

Consume,consume T_T

Now it’s time to take action, build producer habits.

Take Real Action and no more Action Faking!

To Ice Cream Kid

For delivering and driving the message of the Ice Cream.

Love the hell out of other people!

Get drunk and take action! No more thinking! – I was the thinking of analysis paralysis. So many good stuff taught by everyone. What to do, which one to choose. If I choose this then I lose the time to do that.

F***ed that shit! I got more done, when I just went out and did it!

To Sinister Lex

Genuinely help someone out!

I’m a noob now but getting better at it. And if not for Lex’ excellent work I would have taken way less action now.

Just as he advised, I flushed all the excuses down the drain. And do that regularly to build the habit of not letting excuses stop me!

Offered to help folks I know for dirt cheap pay to get started!

And man! What a high like the feeling of being able to of real help to another person and being paid, sometime and eventually will handsomely, for it. It’s just INSANE!

A lot more people to thank here. So far am soaking my being into these folks advice and taking real action and progressing through the process one Real Action Take at a time.

THE VALUE

To those in the similar place as I here

I’m doing some stuff to get myself stay in this fastlane track not go down the slowlane track.

1) I keep a small notebook of notes from the millionaire fastlane book and the forum. I keep that with me every time. And when I’m out and waiting for people I’m meeting with or while commuting, I put out that tiny notebook and read and ponder and plan and take action if able on the advice there. Take action get ice cream. Create value. Need, Entry, Control, Scale, Time.

2) I listen to motivational stuff the tough love stuff I also found through this forum. In specific the stuff on the youtube channel Motivation Grid. Man! If you listen to that stuff while wandering off in facebook distraction, it will get you back on track! It’s like a personal coach with some wonderful musical arrangement :D

3) Write. I’m a note-taking dude. And though I don’t always take actions on my notes. It helps me a lot. Like it reminds me what needs to be done. And keeps me honest if I’m drifting off track. Pen and paper somehow does it for me :D Write to do lists, schedule, reflections on stuff read thru the fastlane

There may you find some value in there and I hope those things help you.

From this forum

I highly suggest you follow through (I’m still in the process of this one) the Copywriting Freelancing threads by SinisterLex if you’re just starting out and have very little money.

Applies even to other skills, I was more adept in photography and graphic design. And you will learn the awesome skill of copywriting here which is very useful, if not necessary, for the fastlane.

It gets you started on the right mindset of genuinely helping out and it gets you a step towards financial security and getting funds for your fastlane.

Then also I suggest reading the threads by the Ice Cream Kid. Read all the way through them. I just brushed over them the first time around, way back in the past.

And I’m telling you now if you take the time to read through them you will see the GOLD in there. And you will be a step closer to the mindset of genuinely creating value for others and why that is important.

And finally read the wonderful Golden Threads by MJ.The beautiful roses and the raging river :D

And soak on his videos in his youtube channel. The story about filling the need in your little village over following your passion stuck with me. And the one about action taking and action faking.

Also check out interviews done with him. There’s one with Limitless Business that I recently listened to.

To those who are in need of some help in their biz

Following SinisterLex advice on his thread I got back into freelancing online again and now with a much better mindset of really helping out peeps.

Right now I’m still building up testimonials and ratings and am willing to do work for dirt cheap price :D

My skills are around graphic design. That is where I can help you the most.

Also offering copywriting and content writing. As I realize the value of learning those skills for the fastlane through Lex’ thread.

Work I have done so far for others

I did a copy doodles work on a direct mailer in Microsoft word format so my client can edit it for dirt cheap.

A cartoon mascot used for social media branding.

A vector version of a rough logo design.

Shoot behind the scenes photographs of a documentary film trailer – to be used for pitching.

Helped my grandfather sell mini pinscher puppies

Shoot video for AVP of a construction company here

My Background

Graduate University of Santo Tomas – Fine arts major in Advertising

Graduated with Best Thesis award for kite aerial photography thesis

Became “Full time artist” after graduation.

Sold artworks in local art fairs.

Helped a lot in a local art collective.

Got into reading marketing and biz books trying to increase art sales.

Now getting into Entrepreneurship :D

Back to the hustle,

Gerome :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...