The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got sick and tired of being sick and tired

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hi all, I couldn't contribute yet in the business discussion section as I am just starting out my FASTLANE journey (I'm still a slowlaner as I still have a job for 2 months) but I'd really like to contribute to the forum with some personal experiences about Health.

Just a background about me, when I was a kid, hospital is my vacation. I wouldn't miss a year without getting confined and getting sick to the point that it became a joke that, I get cured already when I smell the hospital and saw my pedia (if only there was those frequentflyer cards back then for being in the hospital, I might have had a free night confinement). From asthma, cough-colds-flu, broken collarbone, typhoid fever, etc...I had it when I was a kid. Medicines, I think I had a good dose of A-Z antibiotics back then that altered my DNA right now (just kidding LOL).

When I grew up I became luckier, got sick lesser and lesser until stress started creeping (2009) to me in the form of GERD (Gastro-something or acidreflux). I won't forget that first time it attacked, I was deep thinking, thinking about my work and my finances (finances got a little bad for me back then 'cause of my stupidity with CC's) and then suddenly, I felt light headed, palpitation, hard to breathe, chest pains etc...kinda like a heart so I ran to my friends house just to have company in case something happens to me. Starting that day, I do frequents visits to the ER because of chest pains (about 2x a week in 1 month).

So I went into research, found out about antioxidants, Vitamins, Enzymes, supplements, etc...and started taking them, I remember taking the BioPhotonic Scanner from Pharmanex that measures the antioxidants and it did not register anything for me! But after taking antioxidants it started to increase and my feeling became better and better.

Is that it? End of story? Did I stick with Antioxidants and Vits?

I did more and more research because I just feel that there is a deeper source of my illnesses. I stumbled upon Dr. Robert Young's research about Alkalinity and our blood. Hey, if we want to go to the source I think our cells could be it right? So here's what I did to have a baseline and track my progress:

LBA - Live Blood Analysis, this test showed me why I'm tired and why my energy was really low most of the time. I saw my red blood cells cramped together (like a mentos tube) and movement was slow, they were deformed and not a pretty sight to look at.

So what did I do? Alkalized.

Downloaded all information about alkaline foods and drinks and started taking them (I took off all vits and supplements that I was taking to test this out). Lessen all acid forming foods and drinks and added the following in my activities:

Went to basics:
1. Increase Oxygen intake by deep-diaphragm breathing and canned oxygen - people can't live without oxygen in minutes.
2. Increase Water intake - I use Alkaline drops to alkalize my water, also took wheatgrass.
3. Food - As much as I can, high amounts of alkaline food intake.
4. Movement - added jogging every morning

So far, after a 2-3, much improvement can be seen in my LBA, my red blood cells are round, very few are deformed and movement is now pretty much normal. I feel good and my GERD left me so are the medicines that I take.

But you know I am not perfect, every now and then I get tempted, I eat, I drink, I consume unhealthy food and drink, I spend some night partying 'till the next day and getting drunk. I'd admit, I'm not that disciplined but at least now, I do know how to go back...go back to the basics and that helps a lot.

Hope that I shared some value with my story. Right now, I'm still pursuing health, getting more and more disciplines and I'm addicted to it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
One of the greatest things I discovered on the internet was Intermittent Fasting. It really improved my health back then. Now if I need a quick health boost I can just simply fast for a day or two.

There are basically 2 types of intermittent fasting.

1. Eat-Stop-Eat style
    Popularized by Brad Pilon. Basically, you just fast for 24 hours once or twice a week. That's it. What he advises is after the fasting period you should just eat normally like you do. That's because most people have a tendency to binge after not eating for quite a while.

2. Leangains style
    Popularized by Martin Berkhan. This fasting style is more geared at bodybuilders/fitness people. You eat only for eight hours a day. The rest you only drink water and/or non-calorie beverages. This one is more sustainable but still takes some discipline. Eating after that 16 hour fasting period feels really great.
If someone is going to try fasting it would be better to do follow the Eat-Stop-Eat style. Once a week, at the beginning.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Thanks for sharing @HappyFighter, I also do some fasting every now and then, just wanted to add on the fasting. Personally when I fast, its my body's opportunity to dump all the toxins out (out of the bloodstream) which may cause some headache, dis-ease and reduced energy.

This is also a good opportunity for me to help out my body by consuming amounts of water (alkalized water to help neutralizing the acids) and if I feel eating a little, I consume juiced veggies. I find it helpful to avoid those headaches and maintains my energy levels.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
1. Increase Oxygen intake by deep-diaphragm breathing and canned oxygen - people can't live without oxygen in minutes.

I just looked up deep-diaphragm breathing and found that I definitely do not breathe correctly. I'm going to make breathing the right way a habit. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
I definitely do not breathe correctly

A lot, even I don't breathe correctly if you notice we breathe by raising our shoulders which is tense breathing and doesn't circulate most of the oxygen around. Another good benefit this brings is the cleaning or our lymph system, according to studies (forgot the name of the doctor), this type of breathing is the most effective way to move our lymph system.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
I also looked up the canned oxygen you mentioned, and my curiosity is piqued.
Under what circumstances do you typically use it?
How have you felt using it?

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
I don't use it that often as its a bit expensive here in my place. Oh by the way, here 'Oxycan' is around 95% oxygen I believe, the one's with 99% are for medical use only. :)

Sometimes I do it once or twice a month during early morning together with my breathing exercise. One can I believe can supply 50+ inhales @ a 2-4 seconds inhale rate.

WinYourself

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 11, 2013
You cannot overestimate the importance of your diet. I was always tired and had huge mood swings. Once I’d changed my diet (removed gluten and dairy) my problems were gone!

I highly recommend the Ultra Mind Solution from Mark Hyman. His book contains everything you`ll ever need to know about eating healthy. The book offers specific solutions for food related health problems.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Thanks for the suggestion.

I just remembered, some foods leaves an acid ash as they call it after it breaksdown.

Acid when released, our body has to go to protective mode protecting our organs by producing binding agents like cholesterol and fat. Cholesterol to protect our arteries and fat to store acid. Too much acidity can cause too much cholesterol and too much fat.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Actually I remembered something I did a couple years ago, its not original but I this helps me remember easily. :)

-- OWNSELF --

Oxygen - Why is this no.1? People can't survive without it in minutes.
Water - Our body is about 60%-80% water so this should be next.
Nutrition - With the current situation, we get less and less nutrition from the foods that we take so we assist our body other sources of nutrients like supplements, vitamins, etc...
Structure - Massage anyone?! :D
Exercise - Our whole body was created to move...move...move!
Leverage - Now a days, technology is getting better and better in the health side, understand then and use them.
Food - At least have a 80%-20% ratio between Alkaline and Acid foods.

Hope I shared some value today.

P.S. - Im no healthy guru, just sharing what I've experienced.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.