The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google Adsense Disabling Account for no reason

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Adam VanBuskirk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 9, 2019
Cleveland, OH
Google AdSense recently disabled my account for one of my blogs. Surprising thing is this isn't the first or second or third time. I never violate their policies as far as I can tell. Each time this happens, its mostly close to the time I'm about to reach threshold or collect my earnings.

I'm really disturbed this time and I can't show ads on that website again. I need to redirect to another domain a second time due to this same issue. It took a while to build Authority for the new domain and not up to 4 months, i'm starting all over again with another new domain. I'm wondering what to do next and how to avoid this.

Do you send any paid traffic to the blog? I have been running with Adsense for some time now and had no problem but all my traffic is organic. Years ago on a different project, I got disabled because I used AdWords to send traffic to affiliate pages that also had Adsense. It is against their terms to send paid traffic to pages that have a lot of Adsense ads, aka click arbitrage.

Just one thought.

Good luck.

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
Google AdSense recently disabled my account for one of my blogs. Surprising thing is this isn't the first or second or third time. I never violate their policies as far as I can tell. Each time this happens, its mostly close to the time I'm about to reach threshold or collect my earnings.

I'm really disturbed this time and I can't show ads on that website again. I need to redirect to another domain a second time due to this same issue. It took a while to build Authority for the new domain and not up to 4 months, i'm starting all over again with another new domain. I'm wondering what to do next and how to avoid this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chipstix

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 27, 2011
What reason did they give in the termination notification? usually there is a token explanation that can give you a clue, such as "invalid click activity".

The four main reasons Google bans publishers from adsense are:
invalid clicks
poor quality traffic (ppv/paid)
scraped/duplicate/low value content
account linked to another banned account

Invalid clicks can be due to poor site layout or placement of ads close to navigation points. If your ad placement leads to accidental clicks that inflate your CTR, Google will eventually notice because a disproporptionate number of ad clickers will simply bounce back to your site because they didnt mean to click the ad. Google easily measures that because analytics on the advertiser site will register the bounce and Google will detect a quick reload of ads to the same visitor on your site. Too much of that makes for unhappy advertisers = unhappy Google = banned accounts.

On traffic quality: Showing ads to paid Adwords traffic should be OK - its HQ google traffic after all and Google gets paid for that. Crappy PPV traffic tends to be loaded with bots or iframed pageloads that you definitely do not want to be showing adsense ads to - PPV is Adsense suicide.

Content quality - it used to be possible to republish thin content for adsense, but the quality of content ads get shown on better be tip top these days. If you're going to move your site to a new domain to reapply, you should make sure the content is no longer listed in Google index. Dupe content = ban.

Google will also ban ad accounts if they can link your account to another banned account. So better use a virtual machine with a proxy, or a Firefox portable instance with a proxy, or a dedicated profile manager like browzio - if Google gets a sniff of a cookie or IP from a banned login that they can link to your new account, the ban hammer will get you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.