The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good RE markets: RE in Houston, TX

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I found these articles today that talks about the Real Estate market is in Houston. Just posting so people actually notices that the RE market is not bad everywhere in the country, as the news are making us all believe. Do you know of any other market you know that is not negative? (we need positive news, correct?)

http://ezinearticles.com/?Investing-in-The-Houston,-Texas-Real-Estate-Market&id=723773

As nationwide problems with sub-prime mortgages continue to make front page news and have been depressing stocks of major financial organizations, Houston area residents question: how is the Houston area market faring? Much better than many other parts of the US is the answer, thanks in part to strong oil prices, a robust and diversified job market and a housing market that is still continuing to make advancements. In addition, Houston area real estate continues to be a good investment option with strong job growth and a fast-growing economy.

Another link: http://ezinearticles.com/?Houston-Housing-Market-Fares-Well-During-Mortgage-Turbulence&id=726706

...the region is experiencing strong growth from high energy prices, continued increases in new jobs and a housing market that didn't experience the "housing bubble" over the past decade.

PS: Please keep in mind that the author probably will profit from more investors contacting her about deals, so her perspective is biased. However there is good information here to get.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great post! A healthy does of optimism does a body good. I would even venture to say that all markets are good markets, it just depends on what you are doing in the market cycle. ...I sell new homes pre-construction/new-construction (in addition to my small cabin company) and I meet people all day long who are scared. Scared of the market, scared of buying, scared of selling- everything. I tell them that it seems to me that those who try and time markets are the ones who aren't actively in them. Make a decision based on information not on fear or speculation.

++rep

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Thanks for the rep.... Speaking of New Mexico, I've heard lately that Albuquerque is either doing great or improving. Do you happen to know anything about that area?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Albuquerque is doing great, I would venture to say that Las Cruces is doing better. I haven't heard of an area that is going down...of course, it's not super high appreciation market here, we are slow and steady. Overall, our whole state is really coming alive. About 95% of the people that I work with are coming, cash in hand from "bubble" markets and retiring out here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Glad to hear that.. maybe it is time to start planning to sell my two land lots over there.

Any other areas that are doing good? I do know about Raleigh and Charlotte, NC

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I don't know jack squat about REI, but I have lived in Houston my whole life till a year ago. I would take this article with a grain of salt. I know of two sections of Houston that were doing good. An area called Sugarland, and an area called Katy. These are not really "Houston". They are suburbs a good 20+ miles outside of Houston. Anywhere inside the Houston city limits you are mixed in with Katrina people. And it does not take a rocket scientist to know that Katrina people don't raise you property values.

There was a big townhome boom a few years ago in a area right outside of downtown called Midtown. But last I heard they could not give the things away. I have a friend that lives in the Midtown area, and whenever I go there, I see endless townhomes for sale. I don't think they are selling at all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.