• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Good RE markets: RE in Houston, TX

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by andviv, Sep 14, 2007.

1. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,287
    I found these articles today that talks about the Real Estate market is in Houston. Just posting so people actually notices that the RE market is not bad everywhere in the country, as the news are making us all believe. Do you know of any other market you know that is not negative? (we need positive news, correct?)

http://ezinearticles.com/?Investing-in-The-Houston,-Texas-Real-Estate-Market&id=723773

Another link: http://ezinearticles.com/?Houston-Housing-Market-Fares-Well-During-Mortgage-Turbulence&id=726706

PS: Please keep in mind that the author probably will profit from more investors contacting her about deals, so her perspective is biased. However there is good information here to get.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
    yveskleinsky likes this.
  2. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,708
    Great post! A healthy does of optimism does a body good. I would even venture to say that all markets are good markets, it just depends on what you are doing in the market cycle. ...I sell new homes pre-construction/new-construction (in addition to my small cabin company) and I meet people all day long who are scared. Scared of the market, scared of buying, scared of selling- everything. I tell them that it seems to me that those who try and time markets are the ones who aren't actively in them. Make a decision based on information not on fear or speculation.

++rep

3. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,287
    Thanks for the rep.... Speaking of New Mexico, I've heard lately that Albuquerque is either doing great or improving. Do you happen to know anything about that area?

4. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,708
    Albuquerque is doing great, I would venture to say that Las Cruces is doing better. I haven't heard of an area that is going down...of course, it's not super high appreciation market here, we are slow and steady. Overall, our whole state is really coming alive. About 95% of the people that I work with are coming, cash in hand from "bubble" markets and retiring out here.

5. andviv

Rep Bank:
    $3,287
    Glad to hear that.. maybe it is time to start planning to sell my two land lots over there.

Any other areas that are doing good? I do know about Raleigh and Charlotte, NC

6. Z5 FILMS

Z5 FILMS Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $236
    I don't know jack squat about REI, but I have lived in Houston my whole life till a year ago. I would take this article with a grain of salt. I know of two sections of Houston that were doing good. An area called Sugarland, and an area called Katy. These are not really "Houston". They are suburbs a good 20+ miles outside of Houston. Anywhere inside the Houston city limits you are mixed in with Katrina people. And it does not take a rocket scientist to know that Katrina people don't raise you property values.

There was a big townhome boom a few years ago in a area right outside of downtown called Midtown. But last I heard they could not give the things away. I have a friend that lives in the Midtown area, and whenever I go there, I see endless townhomes for sale. I don't think they are selling at all.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.