The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gold-Oil Ratio

Anything related to investing, including crypto

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
I found this link:

Kitco - Commentaries - John Lee, CFA

Note especially the chart on the gold-oil ratio. I agree that it might be wise to start going long oil. I am looking at the integrated oil companies and am likely to begin taking a position that exposes me to oil soon (as in January). I am currently exposed to energy in BTU, but would like to look at oil also.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I have been long gold for about 3 weeks and oil for just over a week.

I have Jan09/Jan10 GLD calendar that is doing OK. A lot of people are expecting a short term pullback on GLD, i'll sell near month put spreads and buy long month call spreads if we do get the pullback. I plan on staying long GLD in some fashion for the next 2+ years.

For oil, I had a Dec/Jan USO calendar that puked all over me late last week. I also started selling Jan USO naked puts on Friday and will continue selling naked USO puts early next week. I really wish there were options on DXO, maybe once volume picks up my wish will be granted. I'd be having a lot of fun with that one, it's screaming triple digit gains for someone that can time the right short covering rally.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.