The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"go and get your money little dufflebag boy"

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
First and foremost, a well deserved round of applause goes to MJ for creating this masterpiece. :hl:

My journey began two and a half years ago-- I didn't really know a thing about investing, or real estate for that matter- but I knew that there were a lot of rich people out there who gained all their wealth through Real Estate. I was nineteen at the time, and I believe the first book I read was Rich Dad Poor Dad. That book filled my mind with a lot of inspiration and motivation to keep learning. So that is exactly what I did. From there I started reading various RE books, basically just trying to figure out what RE investing was all about. Well, thats what I have been doing since. .
I just turned 22 this August, and now I can honestly say I feel like I know enough to get this train moving. It seems to me that I understand the basic principles of what it takes to be successful: Change your mind from thinking about what you do not want, to what you want. Stay positive, focused, if other people try to bring you down, its probably because they have problems and insecurities.... they just need a hug. Goal Setting... learn to set and achieve goals.

"The ability to set goals and to make plans for their accomplishment is the master skill of success. Developing this skill will do more to ensure your success than anything else you could ever do. In twenty-five years of study and experience, I've come to the conclusion that success equals goals, and all esle is commentary."
-Brian Tracy, Maximum Achievement (pg. 138 for those of you who own this book)

You know what, I believe him.

My dream is to be a multimillionaire international real estate investor. You gotta start somewhere... [my GOALS/PLAN on how to achieve this will eventually be posted in the appropiate section]

Right now I am in school training to become a Firefighter. Yes its a J.O.B, but its also a job with a guaranteed P.E.N.S.I.O.N. HOWEVER, I am also getting my real estate career started. :hurray: I am just starting to bird-dog for some local RE investors whom I met through our local Real Estate Investment Club. Anyways, my desire is to get my RE career started right now by bird dogging (which I am), and then switching to wholesales.

Yes this post may be long, but its an introduction- I want you guys to get a good feel of who I am before I start posting.

Thanks for reading this, and I can't wait to start chattin with everybody (especially MJ & and the millionaire crew)

Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Right now I am in school training to become a Firefighter. Yes its a J.O.B, but its also a job with a guaranteed P.E.N.S.I.O.N.

Welcome Ryan!

Hopefully your experience on this board will help educate you on why the quote above is not a "Fastlane" concept.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
You're absolutely right, its not part of the fast lane concept. It's working out of the E quadrant, not B or I. To be honest, its more of a thing to please the parents. I have no desire to keep firefighting once I create a comfortable situation for myself through real estate investing.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
I support you in your pursuit of Firefighting. Sometimes there's more to life than jumping on the Fastlane. I know my time spent in the military wasn't Fastlane at all, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I support you become a firefighter as well. I did not mean to imply that you should not follow that path...

All I was getting it is not doing it simply for the pension.

What kind of RE investing are you getting into?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome, Ryan! Great intro. My name's Ryan too, btw.

While others may disagree, I actually believe that having a job to increase your income, at least while just starting up in investing, can be an accelerant to getting into the fastlane.

I commend you for your focus and motivation at such a young age. You seem to have your mind set on what you want, and you won't let anything get in your way of achieving those goals. Great attitude! Pleasure to have you.

Rep speed +++ (you'll learn more about that as you get used to life here in the fastlane) :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Firefighting is one of the most respectable jobs on the planet ... congrats to you and welcome!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.