• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

Giving someone a copy of 'Unscripted'?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Philip Marlowe, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $934
    I recall in Unscripted that @MJ DeMarco noted an at-cost price for bulk purchases of his book for Insiders which made me think: "who do people give these books to"?

I only ask because it was an initial mindset shift after an investor conference and (short) journey that lead me to this forum, and subsequently I ordered TMF and then Unscripted.

And it's not that I wouldn't want to give someone a copy of either book, quite the contrary. But if you don't find TMF in the first place, were you really ever looking?

Just crack open Unscripted, which I think is the "complete work" following TMF, and you'll be hooked.

So, for those who've given a copy of either book to a friend, family member, or kid working at Subway who wants to know about your car - why did you do it?

Did you "sense" something about the person? A real hunger or earnestness?

What was the result? Did you regret giving them such a powerful tool and having them not realize what they were holding? Or was the result better than you could have dreamed?

ZF Lee and cmor16 like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $307,384
    Admin Post
    Anyone who dreams, desires change, works hard, and is not afraid of learning until death deserves a book.

If I sense any of those, I'm open to giveaways.

For instance, there was a post here recently from Reddit where a user was utterly complaining about how life sucks, repeat the same mundanity, work, pay bills, blah blah.

I told the guy (thru a 3rd party) that I would send the guy a copy of UNSCRIPTED.

Never heard back.

He isn't interested in changing, he's interested in complaining with his fellow crabs.

3. Tanisha

Tanisha Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $531
    i want a copy please love you

4. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $934
    It's a good point. I'll dispose of the notion that they need to find this themselves. Nothing wrong with a push in the right direction.

And @Tanisha - my point was really for those who haven't found the forum or one of the books. If you haven't purchased Unscripted yet you really should since you're here. Nothing against TMF, but Unscripted really is the comprehensive work.

focusedlife and cmor16 like this.
  5. cmor16

cmor16 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,790
  6. focusedlife

focusedlife Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $649
    It so is.

It was the only kindle book that I ALSO bought the audio version of.

I learned not that long ago that the key to mastering a topic is to immerse yourself in the material.

With that I'm on my 3rd re-read, while concurrently listening to the audio version.

MJ has vaunted himself at the top of my mind as my favorite entrepreneurial business thought leader because it is evident that this dude has thoroughly thought through just about every aspect one could possibly think of when it comes to the elements of success, accurate and clear thinking, as well as there not being a hidden upsell agenda.

I'm a fan and and have a renewed pep in my step to get sh*t done.

ZF Lee and cmor16 like this.
  7. Tanisha

Tanisha Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $531
    yeah i just need some money first

8. Tanisha

Tanisha Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $531
  9. cmor16

cmor16 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,790
    Hmmmmm. I wonder if there is a way for you to get some money? Perhaps there's a website filled with friendly folks that give soild advice and help people succeed in business and in life?

Maybe this link will help:

my family always tells me to get a job

10. mrarcher

mrarcher Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,718
    I gave mine to a friend who recently started working as an independent contractor for a company and was speaking about hiring staff and getting more work. Needless to say it was much appreciated. I like that that mantra sort of follows the fastlane way of helping people. Book cost me $14 or whatever it was. Friend makes more money, buys more drinks and can afford to do more fun stuff.:smile: A life changed and a positive ROI

Roz, Iammelissamoore and cmor16 like this.
  11. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $63,622
    What's your plan for starting a business if you can't afford a $7 audiobook and adamantly refuse to get a job?

Also, the value in gifting books like this isn't to save anyone money.
    Books are cheap. Audiobooks are even cheaper. Money isn't the point.

The value in gifting a book like this is to put the information into someone's hands who needs it but may not know about it already.
    It's also about reciprocation - if you give someone a book for free, that small gesture produces an emotional debt that spurs the receiver on to read it even if they wouldn't normally have done so on their own volition.
    The net result of the gift is someone who didn't know they needed it, get's it, and hopefully changes their life.

Someone who knows they want it, knows they need it, knows the value it contains doesn't need the gift.
    They need a job.

Ika, Tomahawk, ddzc and 5 others like this.
  12. JordanK

JordanK Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,477
    I was given a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane by one of my relations who thought that I would really benefit from it. Here I am a few years later still working away at my fastlane business and making money so giving out copies of the book isn't in vain!

13. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $33,430
    The other day I met this young guy that owns a used car lot.

SUPER smart guy, but stuck in his business... "I bought myself a job" he said.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Someone that talks like that just needs some Unscripting haha.

We talked shop for a few hours. I got his business card so I had his address. I sent him a copy of TMF and Unscripted with my business card and a note that said "My favorite business books. These helped me a lot, I hope they help you too. Good luck. Keep in touch"

Now we talk via text a lot. Good guy to know, he's going places for sure.

Not the first time I've used TMF as a networking tool. People remember gifts, especially one so impactful as TMF (and Unscripted, but that's the first non-personal relationship copy I've given away)

I gladly buy and give these books (TMF mostly) out to like minded business owners. Besides helping them, it's helped me build a few important business relationships too.

Roz, cutthroughstatic, JAJT and 6 others like this.
  14. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,058
    I don't really see the point in letting books collect dust on a bookshelf. I read books and then give them to someone when the opportunity presents itself. In the case of TMF my brother was mentioning starting a business, so I gave him the book.

Currently working on Atlas Shrugged and will definitely give that to someone (probably a teenager) when I'm done.

cmor16 likes this.
  15. Tanisha

Tanisha Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $531
    i wrote that post

16. Tanisha

Tanisha Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $531
    i have a job im a bank teller

17. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $75,845
    He knew that and WAS TRYING TO MAKE A POINT!

cmor16 likes this.
  18. sparechange

sparechange Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,094
    ive been staying in kitsilano (billionaires row) vancouver and went around the neighborhood with a friend talking about how people become rich. gave him my copy of unscripted.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  19. Manchild_Unbound

Manchild_Unbound Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,010
    I just sent a copy of Unscripted to a guy. He has a somewhat popular livestream on Youtube, but he only makes a tiny side income from it, mostly from sponsors advertising and from the Superchat.

Last year, he was laid off from his job, and while he may be working, he’s worst off than he was before.

On a recent livestream, he spoke about his financial woes and asked his audience for donations and some help. In response to that, I went to his Amazon wishlist and sent him a copy.

I REALLY hope he reads it, enjoys it, and puts it to use.

jon2089, MJ DeMarco and Lex DeVille like this.