The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Shit Done ($10,000 self-imposed 30 day challenge!)

Nik Krohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jun 27, 2014
Utah
I love coming back to this forum for motivation to execute brilliantly!

I have started a business for the Fastlane and it is growing. But I have a few things that are limiting me that make me feel like I cannot quite quit my job (I know, I should just do it...). I have some CC debt, some back taxes from being self employed and finishing a basement and yard for a house we just bought 2 months ago.

So in order for me to take that full on leap (as per my wife's request), I need to bring in some more income. I have always been a producer and can do well laser focused. SO, I am going to challenge myself (yet again) to create some cash in the next 30 days to help take care of some of these stumbling blocks to get over.

First off, I wrote down the goals and made them my desktop background (constant reminder). It looks a little like this:

Background+Image.PNG

Here is the game plan:

1) Generate New Clients - I have been doing internet marketing training/services for the last 5+ years. I am damn good at it and could bring on new clients. This is one of the fastest ways for me to generate long term income.

**Side note: I read TMF because of these services. I started out loving them and then now dislike providing internet marketing services to my clients. Since I read the book, I have started a fastlane business to replace this work :p

2) New PSAs - This is part of an MLM. I know, I know. Bad rap. But it's my brothers business and I am direct to the company with one of the largest organization. MJ says that you should own the MLM (like my bro) and you can rock the fastlane. I agree 100% because I am still at the mercy of change and control. I do however make a decent amount of money ($2000-$3000/mo) with literally zero hours per week.

I put this goal on the list because If I bring 1 sale it will be an extra $3000 commission. I could line one of these up in 30 days. Big ticket, little/no work.

3) Website Sale - This is not ecommerce or anything. It is literally selling a website. I do a lot of web development and have several websites that I dont use. In fact I have some websites with little or no sales for $5000+.

4) Ecommerce Net Profits - I have an importing and selling business that I recently started. I already have 17 sales in the last 5 days. I hope to continue this. Net profits = Cost - retail (including shipping).

---

I dont mean to be sharing too much info here. I know it is a bit scattered as well but I am just trying to make a few changes in my life to get going in the direction that I want to go.

Any feedback on how I can generate more results are welcome. Thanks for keeping me accountable!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
3) Website Sale - This is not ecommerce or anything. It is literally selling a website. I do a lot of web development and have several websites that I dont use. In fact I have some websites with little or no sales for $5000+.
Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean you have sites you could sell for this much, or you could build one for someone?
Just can't quite tell from the description what you mean here.

This all looks very interesting, and good luck!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Just concentrate on one thing.. Your all over the place and that's not a good thing.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Why not pick the thing you are BEST at and just do that and forget everything else?

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
If your only goal is to get the $10,000 as fast as possible....

Than selling some web sites for $5,000 a pop would seem to get you there the quickest.

But............

As MJ Demarco says;

"All great Fastlane businesses are started and grown through committed monogamy by the founder.

One idea.

One business.

If you’re trying to run 7 businesses at once, you’re a business polygamist and your results will be ineffectual. Like a spouse that knows your cheating, your businesses know you have wayward commitments and will pay you as such.

Bruce Lee said it best, “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”"

Last edited by a moderator:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
It looks to me like you're chasing cash, rather than fulfilling needs.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Nik Krohn , maybe you could give some tips / methods you use to obtain your laser focus?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.