The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Serious - The Fastlane 2016

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
This is just a progress report for me.

My plan
1. Replicate cutandjacked.com onto my blog.

1st Phase
http://imgur.com/BD04b3f

2nd Phase
http://imgur.com/z0itBFB

3rd Phase
http://imgur.com/pavFQBd

I run a Forex trading blog specifically in the price action niche.

I start with superficial updates first.

Then next with product listing like...
1. ebooks.
2. cheat sheets.

Then next with a 10 month programme...

(to be continued...)

ps. My previous plan with the dating niche has hiccup. Partner wasn't ready to sacrifice security over freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
I've recently listen to Russel Brunson funnel hack and it makes sense to clone another.

My goal is to write 10 books by end of this year. Each book less than 50 pages.

Start and run and bring in a revenue of $1000 for an information product monthly.

Start a membership site to bring 10 traders into competency and ability to generate 100% in 10 months or less.

This are the market place I know that my competition are selling.

Clickbank

JVZoo

Amazon

ForexPeaceArmy

I'm only interested in selling information products and semi automated software. Once I'm able to generate at least $1000 per month from it than I'll decide to move on to membership website.

Let's begin with Clickbank.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
I'm getting my feet wet and redoing my lead magnet.

This is my guide.

https://www.quicksprout.com/2015/11...ing-this-6-step-lead-magnet-creation-process/

"The point of this research is to discover what your audience finds most valuable...

A great lead magnet should be of such quality that people would actually pay for it. But since you’ll be giving it away, you’ll obviously get great conversion rates."

Amazon, kindle.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Naked Forex / High Probability Trading / Without Indicators

It is not cheap. 82 reviews but no 5 star.

Is good but not great. uploadfromtaptalk1459348433299.png

3 star comments
"how to figure out support and resistance"

(meet expectations that losses is unavoidable. Proven strategy to make money)
"If you read this book in the beginning of your trader career, you will find the book awesome. After trying to trade based on it, you will still lose money."

Bottomline. He doesn't gives people authenticity.

Last edited:

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Readers are lazy. They want a proven strategy.

Mostly interested in day trading. Nobody likes to wait. And they don't mind paying more than $20 for it.

And the authors are quite well known.

Swing. Prepared. Big moves.

Whereas, step by step or self study guide they are not interested.

uploadfromtaptalk1459349049970.png

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Authors whose name are well known like Rob Booker tends to sell well.

Readers like secret or edge.

And stories.

And they don't mind paying more than $20 for it.

So price point I'm looking at between $17 to $27.

And those that are selling around $30 are about 90 to 200 pages.

Jeff Walker stock market launch is over $500 and his book is 200 pages.
uploadfromtaptalk1459349590963.png

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
uploadfromtaptalk1459350237620.png

Readers are willing to pay not more than $32.

If the title is not specific. You ain't getting them credit card.

Effective tools and techniques are way better than strategies.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Side track.

Moving average. Can be used as lead magnet or tripwire.

86 pages.

Cons about the book.

Doesn't explain how to day trade with it.

No specifics / examples. Case studies to show how it works.

Examples of making money with it.

"I was hoping they might provide some insight into ways to reduce moving average whip saws."

Hmm... Fb case studies?
uploadfromtaptalk1459351106048.png

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
Inspirational stuff, and congrats on getting started! I've been curious about self published books in terms of credentials. Not necessary university credentials as proven successful business on trading would be a strong selling point imo versus lack there of. Does one quote experience in the practice (eg. trading) ?

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Inspirational stuff, and congrats on getting started! I've been curious about self published books in terms of credentials. Not necessary university credentials as proven successful business on trading would be a strong selling point imo versus lack there of. Does one quote experience in the practice (eg. trading) ?
English is not my first language.

Give me grade 3. Explain?

texus2

Get Rich or Die Tryin’
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 18, 2016
Germany
Thanks for this progress thread, i follow you!

Can you tell me, how you start to write books? Do you have any experience in writing? You wrote your first language isn't English, are your books written in your language or in English?

I'm very excited and I think i might get also into the "Writing A Book" niche. :D

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Why should I believe your book is true? Given only case studies FOR EXAMPLES are used and not personal experience.

How do you combat this viewpoint?
Ah.

Yes. Neither does Kathy Lien and James Chen although all they do is be on YouTube and other authoritative sites.

Hmm...

Yes. I've Myfxbook as backup. It will be included in the book I'll write.

I've made 100% on a low 3 figure and 80% on Jan 2014 on a low 4 figure and have invested and spent over 5 figures trading the market.

But I'm not going to reveal the stats here. It will be in the book I'm planning to write (hopefully) and this thread is just a journal.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Thanks for this progress thread, i follow you!

Can you tell me, how you start to write books? Do you have any experience in writing? You wrote your first language isn't English, are your books written in your language or in English?

I'm very excited and I think i might get also into the "Writing A Book" niche. :D
I've not written any books exposed to publish. It's in my laptop.

I've yet uploaded any on amazon.

Just follow quick Sprout or Neil Patel articles. He is awesome.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Step #2 – What do your competitors sell?

"The first option is to look at the “intro level” products. These cost under $20, which isn’t making anyone very much money.

But since people buy them, you know they value them, which is all the evidence you need."

Who are my competition?

What is my USP?
1. I'm trading price action using my only smartphone + mt4 android app. Applicable to IOS. (I'm trading to suit my lifestyle)
2. Candlestick pattern as trading ideas + support and resistance as supporting bias from the market + price action as confirmation. (nothing really stands out as I've yet read their reviews from forexpeacearmy).
3. They don't advocate martingale or loss recovery. Don't misunderstood. I still have a cut loss appetite. I've learned my lesson. I just have 2 to 3 chances of being wrong.

Most of their price point for membership/course is $200 - $400 (lifetime membership, which is cheap. but then again we are talking about online) and people are buying. And they are using videos + forums.

One thing I noticed. They don't published their trading returns. I want to follow the likes of Tim Sykes and Pat Flynn. Regardless of results. Because I believe in transparency.

Rob Booker (super cheap) doesn't. So does Bill Poulos (super expensive).

https://www.theforexguy.com/price-action-war-room/

http://2ndskiesforex.com/advanced-price-action-course/
http://2ndskiesforex.com/advanced-traders-mindset-course/

http://www.learntotradethemarket.com/forex-trading-course

http://www.forexschoolonline.com/lifetime-membership

These are traders cum coaches that produces only pdf version of their expertise.

Price point also not cheap. Around $200 to $250 for 4 to 6 pdf.

http://www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com/ (my mentor)

http://www.tradingsetupsreview.com/day-trading-with-price-action/

To be considered...

Most likely create at least 10 paperback version of their demands.

Create a 10 months money back guarantee mentorship to make 100%.

Next...

Last edited:

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Source #3 – Look for course ideas.

"Most lead magnets are problem-based. They solve a small, specific problem that your audience has.

Essentially, they’re mini-courses on a topic."

Aka tripwire.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
I noticed a few things about books with high reviews.

Readers don't want new. They want proven method. On aged old techniques like intra day and swing.

High probability.

Look at the few images and you know why. uploadfromtaptalk1459466494366.pnguploadfromtaptalk1459466504176.png

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Readers don't like to interpret if they don't understand.

Confidence, discipline, winning. Are keywords people in this niche can identify.

Mindfulness, cutting edge psychology? I assume it's because it is general and over hype.

Comprehensive seems to be undervalued price for a overvalued item. uploadfromtaptalk1459466803805.png

Royael

Student of Life
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 22, 2014
I would focus on traffic generation first. There are enough products already out there about trading, forex etc. etc. ..just by writing a blog (as I understand thats your plan) you won't attract many people. So just apply to some affiliate networks and start driving traffic to those offers. Once you know how to breakeven start creating your own products. The big $$ is in paid traffic.

nitop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 21, 2015
woah , nice stuff going on business related ..
But i'll like to clarify something .. if u believe you can profit consistently just using price action , you are seriously deluding yourself unfortunately ...

Having worked at algorithmic trading prop firm, and now trading on my own , i know first hand the dream being sold to new traders who think they can generate 50% per month after reading a book or taking a crappy course from someone who havnt even put on a live trade for a long time ..

finding market inefficiencies , designing and coding systems around them to verify if has a statistical edge , and then constantly optimizing the portfolio to maintain the live trading's parameters under the historical perspectives ( the typical lifespan of a profitable system in my experience is 1.5 years max , after that it begin to lose its edge ) isnt an easy job , and a far cry to being profitable learning " some price action method " ..

In case you're a discretionary trader , learning to read order flow , and learning how the effect of the volume traded at a certain price relates to the price itself is absolutely vital if you want a chance to live in the dangerous arena of trading where the world's smartest players play..

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
woah , nice stuff going on business related ..
But i'll like to clarify something .. if u believe you can profit consistently just using price action , you are seriously deluding yourself unfortunately ...

Having worked at algorithmic trading prop firm, and now trading on my own , i know first hand the dream being sold to new traders who think they can generate 50% per month after reading a book or taking a crappy course from someone who havnt even put on a live trade for a long time ..

finding market inefficiencies , designing and coding systems around them to verify if has a statistical edge , and then constantly optimizing the portfolio to maintain the live trading's parameters under the historical perspectives ( the typical lifespan of a profitable system in my experience is 1.5 years max , after that it begin to lose its edge ) isnt an easy job , and a far cry to being profitable learning " some price action method " ..

In case you're a discretionary trader , learning to read order flow , and learning how the effect of the volume traded at a certain price relates to the price itself is absolutely vital if you want a chance to live in the dangerous arena of trading where the world's smartest players play..
Teach me how to code. Create blackbox. If I can't make money while I sleep. I'm not going to be rich.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
I'll be using this as a journal. Plan is to jot down anything that comes in my way to sell my book.

1. Ask campaign.
2. Setup a squeeze page with "Ask" question.
3. Thank you page.
4. Follow up sequence model after Russell Brunson or Yara Golden reviver sequence.
5. Collect 100 responses and pick 6 that is similar.
6. Create 6 modules.
7. Give it away for free on udemy and use that testimonials on my book.
8. Write the damn farking book.

OK.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
I have the squeeze page done.

1. No thank you page. Need to model someone.

2. No follow up sequence. I'll kiv.

3. After thank you page done. I'll do a sideway sales letter but in Andre chaperon style. Drop feed into their inbox using the perfect webinar model.

4. Setup Google Adwords and wait for approval.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
I have the squeeze page done.

I have the thank you page done.

I have Setup Google Adwords. Running the keywords. One on forex price action. Another on dream100. (gurus who had written book or selling on website) Another on throw rocks at the enemies (keywords like fibs, candlestick patterns, pin bars, tom demark trendlines)

1. Thank you page follows Russell Brunson and his blackmarketing book.

Use the thank you page for this.

Hook.
Ask a question. Use either ladyboss you been lied to or Russell Brunson website is dead (DONE) or Anik singal direct response is dead.

Story. (continue the page on the blog)
Write a sideway sales letter model after affiliate bully with the first page follow Stephen Larsen webinar script.

OFFER (Bounce it back to the sale page)
A 21 day challenge at the end of the page.

2. No follow up sequence. Hmm...
After thank you page done. I'll do a sideway sales letter but in Andre chaperon style. Drop feed into their inbox using the perfect webinar model or...

Use Yara Golden Reviver Challenge or Russell Brunson's Soap opera sequence or Jeff Walker sideway sales letter.

Purpose? Make people pay for a $997 product without first getting results.

3. Set a pop up page in case they leave model after sell like crazy popup.

Updated as of 14/05/2020

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!