• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

GOLD! Getting Rid of Cold Calling Anxiety Using Brute Force

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Vilox, May 21, 2017.

1. focusedlife

focusedlife Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $953
    Report back how it goes (with gory details), @rynor >

Best of luck.

2. diegorueda

diegorueda Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,316
    When you sell services and not products, the quality of those sales matter more than the quantity, imo.

3. Kevin88660

Kevin88660 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $729
    How much to me means how much money, which can be quantified and should be the top priority.

4. Kevin88660

Kevin88660 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $729
    If you have super successful social media campaign that people actually look for you and call you for your service, good for you. Then cold calling could be a waste of time for you. Well not just cold calling, most other conventional methods are not necessary. You are raking it.

But website and social media is a winner take all game. You could be wasting a lot time and if you are not the top few in driving traffic then you have wasted a lot of time and effort.

As a salesperson I know a lot of cold calling hating comes from sales people hating rejection. The major cost of sales is time. There is no rationale basis against cold calling when a rejection takes place less than 30 seconds and after that you begin to qualify the next prospect.

Vilox likes this.
  5. rjrobbins2

rjrobbins2 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $427
    When I was in the mortgage industry we used beer. When the late afternoon hit, we would have 1 to 2 beers and it would loosen us up just enough to be relaxed when we called people. I know this wont be good advice for everyone but it helped me tremendously on cold calling days.

6. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,977
    Fox mentioned this in his Youtube live video where he felt cold calling was sort of a waste of time. He may still cold call every now and then but the majority of his prospecting comes in through his referrals. As long as a website gets results then that's when he gets clients.

Fox mentions he's not really into the design of a website. As long as the website fulfills it's purpose which is results.

He also doesn't care if he gets rejected because he's getting clients anyway.

So I guess it's like dating where if you get rejected you shouldn't care because you know you can get another girl.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-sA-_eRRk

7. Solid Snake

Solid Snake Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $121
    i know a guy who's cold calling ratio is 1/5 reaches for a SaaS product. He uses a dialer and within 2 hours he's lined up 3-5 meetings for the next phase in the sales funnel.

i suck at cold calling right now, but in my experience its about the skills mostly, and then using tools to enhance those results from the skills you have.

if cold calling was a "waste of time" then all these b2b tech companies with cutting edge sales systems wouldnt hire SDR's and make them cold call all day long

MakeItHappen likes this.
  8. Monica Rose

Monica Rose PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    Have you heard of Sid Walker? I'm new to your thread but based on what you've expressed here, perhaps approaching cold calling with a different mindset would help your anxiety, and Sid has a wonderful book that has helped me tremendously called "How I Conquered Call Reluctance, Fear of Self Promotion, and Increased My Prospecting" https://www.amazon.com/Conquered-Reluctance-Self-Promotion-Increased-Prospecting-ebook/dp/B0173X2Q08

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.