The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting onto the Fastlane in your 40s....

WildHoneyTree

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Sep 3, 2017
Planet Earth
So...I read the Fastlane book last year and have been lurking around a bit. I feel really late to the party being 41 and not even in the Slowlane as in..no 'career' to speak of but an expensive education. I have been more an artist/writer type into hippie pursuits all my life thinking one day, I would write books, live by the beach, have a fab life and all the money, lovers and also be enlightened, save the planet... whatever. Let's just say it hasn't worked out and at 41 my life resembles some of the teenagers on this forum. And I'm feeling extremely stuck in life right now.

I have run some family businesses so I'm not clueless about management,organizational and admin skills. I also do some training and consulting work and feel like I have been building an eco 'business' for ages but I have no product really to show for it and very little and sporadic pay. I have had some jobs and realize how much they suck. In my last job which I took on so I could learn about the eco-tourism industry, I saw how 20 something year olds bleed all their life force into creating another person's dream and wealth and in return, they get a pat on the back and to be in the "in group"and some dubious perks like getting to drink, party a lot and do coke. And they literally build someone else's business and will be too burned out when their employer is done with them. But yeah, I wish I had spent more time using my life force to build my empire. Anyway, here I am...

So...the hustles I have identified...

The 'natural, organics, eco lifestyle products and services' aimed towards green people because I 100% believe in it and also think it is more than a fad but a direction that society is taking.

I have made some beauty products and sold them at a couple of organic fairs...broke even. Haven't done much with packaging, branding and sold them on a "pre-launch" basis. I have had a few repeat clients, good reviews, a couple of bad/constructive ones. I wanted to focus on just one hair product and go all out with it. From reading TMF , I found out that I was an event person - go to the fair and sell etc. I have created no process or system for generating sales and exposure.

Possible directions - Start a lifestyle blog (as I am a trainer in this area) - covering earth friendly practices - organic farming etc, nutrition dense plant based healing diets, juicing, herbs etc and eventually increase my product range and sell products and services through it. Or just personally go to shops and get them to stock my products. And to attend natural expos and seminars as an 'expert' to get name and brand recognition.

Also, export organic agricultural produce. But that market looks like a cartel from what I have been researching. And the volumes required are way beyond me. But I'm still looking into it - don't you guys say that barriers to entry is a good thing?
The writing - I have been following threads here on self publishing through Kindle and genre writing. I can sit down and write pages and pages of fantasy, YA, romance/ erotica, historical type stuff. Is that really viable for an income hustle? My great novel is still somewhere in the works, I don't mind writing fun stuff to keep the juices and bank account flowing ;)

Real estate - construction and sell. I have familiarity in this field but from what I can see as of 2018 in my country, interest rates are really high (16-18%), also I'm really scared how everyone and their dog is getting into this business and I predict massive over supply soon. But i could be wrong.

So far...those are the avenues I am considering and what I have done and failed to do.

My goal for this year is to establish a 1000k/month passive income and to mainly work on setting up the groundwork, process, systems for my chosen bizz. Too modest?

It has been great reading about everyone's journey and I am glad to be a part of this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the "green" isn't a trend, it's a transition. Kinda like how the "internet" wasn't a trend.

So it's a great space to be looking at!

One particular area that intrigues me (and I believe is in its early stages) is Veganism.

We have a thread here about that:

The Opportunity of Veganism / Vegan Opps

Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro!

WildHoneyTree

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Sep 3, 2017
Planet Earth
Very good thread... thanks a lot! Much food for thought

I think the "green" isn't a trend, it's a transition. Kinda like how the "internet" wasn't a trend.

So it's a great space to be looking at!

One particular area that intrigues me (and I believe is in its early stages) is Veganism.

We have a thread here about that:

The Opportunity of Veganism / Vegan Opps

Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
So...I read the Fastlane book last year and have been lurking around a bit. I feel really late to the party being 41 and not even in the Slowlane as in..no 'career' to speak of but an expensive education. I have been more an artist/writer type into hippie pursuits all my life thinking one day, I would write books, live by the beach, have a fab life and all the money, lovers and also be enlightened, save the planet... whatever. Let's just say it hasn't worked out and at 41 my life resembles some of the teenagers on this forum. And I'm feeling extremely stuck in life right now.

I have run some family businesses so I'm not clueless about management,organizational and admin skills. I also do some training and consulting work and feel like I have been building an eco 'business' for ages but I have no product really to show for it and very little and sporadic pay. I have had some jobs and realize how much they suck. In my last job which I took on so I could learn about the eco-tourism industry, I saw how 20 something year olds bleed all their life force into creating another person's dream and wealth and in return, they get a pat on the back and to be in the "in group"and some dubious perks like getting to drink, party a lot and do coke. And they literally build someone else's business and will be too burned out when their employer is done with them. But yeah, I wish I had spent more time using my life force to build my empire. Anyway, here I am...

So...the hustles I have identified...

The 'natural, organics, eco lifestyle products and services' aimed towards green people because I 100% believe in it and also think it is more than a fad but a direction that society is taking.

I have made some beauty products and sold them at a couple of organic fairs...broke even. Haven't done much with packaging, branding and sold them on a "pre-launch" basis. I have had a few repeat clients, good reviews, a couple of bad/constructive ones. I wanted to focus on just one hair product and go all out with it. From reading TMF , I found out that I was an event person - go to the fair and sell etc. I have created no process or system for generating sales and exposure.

Possible directions - Start a lifestyle blog (as I am a trainer in this area) - covering earth friendly practices - organic farming etc, nutrition dense plant based healing diets, juicing, herbs etc and eventually increase my product range and sell products and services through it. Or just personally go to shops and get them to stock my products. And to attend natural expos and seminars as an 'expert' to get name and brand recognition.

Also, export organic agricultural produce. But that market looks like a cartel from what I have been researching. And the volumes required are way beyond me. But I'm still looking into it - don't you guys say that barriers to entry is a good thing?
The writing - I have been following threads here on self publishing through Kindle and genre writing. I can sit down and write pages and pages of fantasy, YA, romance/ erotica, historical type stuff. Is that really viable for an income hustle? My great novel is still somewhere in the works, I don't mind writing fun stuff to keep the juices and bank account flowing ;)

Real estate - construction and sell. I have familiarity in this field but from what I can see as of 2018 in my country, interest rates are really high (16-18%), also I'm really scared how everyone and their dog is getting into this business and I predict massive over supply soon. But i could be wrong.

So far...those are the avenues I am considering and what I have done and failed to do.

My goal for this year is to establish a 1000k/month passive income and to mainly work on setting up the groundwork, process, systems for my chosen bizz. Too modest?

It has been great reading about everyone's journey and I am glad to be a part of this forum.

Love your green ideas. I totally agree it’s the way society is going.

Something I keep looking at is just how many things are plastic. There must be so many opportunities to make existing products etc plastic free...

Less reliance on meat and farming too, I’m positive it’ll be seen as barbaric in the future. The opportunities must be endless!

Forget age, focus on the goal (that’s what I tell myself :) )

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi WHT. You seem to have a passion for the hippy dippy trippy green eco dream, so might as well run with that! :) Who are the ten richest people who started from scratch and did something in that field that made them multi-millionaires?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.