The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

getting off the hamster wheel

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Today I pay for my business license. Pay for insurance and pay for advertising. This is a huge step for me. Been flying under the radar for a while and now its moving forward. This is also just the first step. This business will pay for my prototypes and for my manufacturing of my products. And hopefully grow it to the point I can sell it. Next Monday I quit my job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Today I pay for my business license. Pay for insurance and pay for advertising. This is a huge step for me. Been flying under the radar for a while and now its moving forward. This is also just the first step. This business will pay for my prototypes and for my manufacturing of my products. And hopefully grow it to the point I can sell it. Next Monday I quit my job.

kwindicki.gif

In the LeQuint Dickey, they would celebrate that motherfcker even if they suffer much more! Congratulations, you have more balls than SO MANY. Go out and celebrate!

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
its taken a while to get here. Luckily my wifes job has benifits and enough pay to cover the bills. If I make $300 a week I break even. Any more than that either gets saved or reinvested into the company. I'm just not cut out to be anybodys bitch anymore. When my value to my soon to be old company is $150 an hour but I see 1/10th of that it gets the ball rolling. Theres a fire in my belly because now it's all or nothing.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
its taken a while to get here. Luckily my wifes job has benifits and enough pay to cover the bills. If I make $300 a week I break even. Any more than that either gets saved or reinvested into the company. I'm just not cut out to be anybodys bitch anymore. When my value to my soon to be old company is $150 an hour but I see 1/10th of that it gets the ball rolling. Theres a fire in my belly because now it's all or nothing.

Better 300$ a week then having to ask anyone permission for anything.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
14 hour days. phone and facebook off the hook with orders and interest. Just did a quote for 10000 worth of work for next month. I'm tired. will not be going to my "job" tomorrow. I gave my 2 week notice last friday. they can fire me at this point. No idea Id be this busy.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
14 hour days. phone and facebook off the hook with orders and interest. Just did a quote for 10000 worth of work for next month. I'm tired. will not be going to my "job" tomorrow. I gave my 2 week notice last friday. they can fire me at this point. No idea Id be this busy.

This thread went under the radar with the short, quick posts, but I just wanted to say congrats man. That has to be an unbelievably validating feeling.

I will be joining you in job-less land on June 3rd... and can't wait.

Would you mind sharing some of the process and effort that led up to the decision to start this business and quit your dayjob? How long have you been working on this business? Is it in the same market as your dayjob?

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
This thread went under the radar with the short, quick posts, but I just wanted to say congrats man. That has to be an unbelievably validating feeling.

I will be joining you in job-less land on June 3rd... and can't wait.

Would you mind sharing some of the process and effort that led up to the decision to start this business and quit your dayjob? How long have you been working on this business? Is it in the same market as your dayjob?

I've always had side businesses. Building furniture or doing home repair. It was always good for supplemental income. When I moved to AZ my intention was to just work for myself so I would have more time for my kids. I ended up getting a job as a plumber and my plan got backburnered. Then a few cards I put out started getting passed around. I slowly started doing little jobs here and there. Then a couple weeks ago All HELL broke loose. The entire town seemed to find out i existed. Now I may find myself having to find an assistant or a helper. And I have no idea whats coming next but success tastes amazing.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014

Nice man. I love reading posts like these

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
When it hits, rarely is there a buildup. Especially when you have done things right. I don't tire from seeing posts like this!

Congratulations!

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
update . business has been good. making about 1800 a week off of just my service fee- Hourly. been hustling and trying to get my furniture stuff off the ground- Facebook ads mostly. Talking to an investor for capital so I can upgrade tools and find a manufacturing spot. It's starting to get better. I'm paying off debt and buying tooling for the business so I'm not going out "Balling" like others would with that much coming in. Stressed but Happy. Looks like within a few months I'll have a cabinet shop and furniture store If I keep pushing like I am.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
not sure how but yesterday on my way to vegas i got a phone call from a owner of a sporting goods chain looking to set up a maintenance contract for southern california and arizona. mind blown
Word of mouth. You can't beat it.

Well done. Whatever you're doing is working.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Wow how did i not see this thread , this is great , Im ready to see your continued process

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
things have been going good. about to finish off a major condo remodel and working some investments into my furniture business. had a couple people contact me about flipping their properties but I'm on the fence. I'm not in the position to buy and the one investor I have might not be the one I can play well with. To many control issues that may arise. How would someone go looking for a investor? this is very new territory for me and I'm not used to playing with other peoples money.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Remember getting your first car. Some rusted out piece of shit that always stalled out. Eventually you got tired of it and sold it for another piece of shit just only a little better. My business has turned to shit. I've been pushing the wrong vehicle waaayyyy longer than I should have. Money was good because I sold one product for a lot of money to one person instead of lots of little widgets to lots of people. The wheels have fallen off and I'm on the side of the road trying to figure out how to get it home again. I thought i was thinking big . Big grand projects with big ideas. I should have been thinking smaller less costly ideas with higher rates of return. back to the drawing board. At least my wife has a job.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Remember getting your first car. Some rusted out piece of shit that always stalled out. Eventually you got tired of it and sold it for another piece of shit just only a little better. My business has turned to shit. I've been pushing the wrong vehicle waaayyyy longer than I should have. Money was good because I sold one product for a lot of money to one person instead of lots of little widgets to lots of people. The wheels have fallen off and I'm on the side of the road trying to figure out how to get it home again. I thought i was thinking big . Big grand projects with big ideas. I should have been thinking smaller less costly ideas with higher rates of return. back to the drawing board. At least my wife has a job.

Don't be discouraged! So far you've done more than most and got an education in the process. How could you have known? The process is self-correcting as long as you pay attention and keep moving!

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
so pretty much hit a good solid wall. had some epiphanies and alot of let downs. basked in my own depression for a while. in the mean time I've picked up exercising again, joined a gym, lost 30 pounds and realized money isnt everything. Still no idea what i'm going to do but I know it has to make a difference. I keep asking myself how am I going to change the world for the better. what value will i add to humanity. What legacy will be left behind when i go. I've taken the last couple months to kind of putter around and find the answer to these questions. Funny thing is I'm still making enough to get by . it comes in spurts but I've had to let my wife budget. Downsized from a lifted suburban on 35's to a 4 cylinder mini truck to save on gas. Been working on ideas that improve other products or minimizes the production cost just as mental exercises. I have several I could move with but wont because they shouldnt exist. Would love it if we could get a western arizona think tank together. one that could connect ideas with the capitol needed to launch a project.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
so pretty much hit a good solid wall. had some epiphanies and alot of let downs. basked in my own depression for a while. in the mean time I've picked up exercising again, joined a gym, lost 30 pounds and realized money isnt everything. Still no idea what i'm going to do but I know it has to make a difference. I keep asking myself how am I going to change the world for the better. what value will i add to humanity. What legacy will be left behind when i go. I've taken the last couple months to kind of putter around and find the answer to these questions. Funny thing is I'm still making enough to get by . it comes in spurts but I've had to let my wife budget. Downsized from a lifted suburban on 35's to a 4 cylinder mini truck to save on gas. Been working on ideas that improve other products or minimizes the production cost just as mental exercises. I have several I could move with but wont because they shouldnt exist. Would love it if we could get a western arizona think tank together. one that could connect ideas with the capitol needed to launch a project.
Why do projects that need capital to launch if you don't have any? Is that not putting an extra step in the way?

Is there any way you could help someone, and get paid for it, without having to spend money first?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.