The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting First Client - Free for Social Proof?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
My idea is to create VR training simulations for the industrial segment. I have 5 years in B2B sales, but no experience in this sector (except some training and dev courses).

I was thinking of finding a client to do either free or super low cost work just to get my foot in the door. Then I came across MJ saying in another thread that this was a good idea.

My idea is that it'll provide solid social proof for my site - "We recently did this simulation for this company" and build a case study out of it. I think it takes a lot of the risk off their shoulders and goes on mine. If they come back for other work then full price, if not no big deal.

Would also help me get the kinks worked out in my system of developers. I did this for a marketing agency I started before and the business owner loved me for it, made a little cash, and learned a ton in the process (mainly that SMMA is commoditized :p).

Thoughts on this?

@MJ DeMarco

Fortunately I'm in the position to have a good job during the day, and plenty of cash saved up to eat the costs if it means getting more clients down the road smoother and easier.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.