• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Getting Blacklisted for Spam (Cold Email Lead Techniques)

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Real Deal Denver, Oct 30, 2018.

1. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Digital Wantrepreneur Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,079
    Brilliant idea for a lumpy mail piece! I'd love the name of the manufacturer, Walter!

2. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $58,072
    See your PMs

Walter

Real Deal Denver likes this.
  3. AniM

AniM Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $127
    I'll share a service I know some other marketers use for this type of stuff.

Disclaimer: I haven't personally used it myself, if someone else has they can post their thoughts on it.

https://3dmailresults.com

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. COSenior

COSenior Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,591
    This speaks to my two cents' worth. When I was a real estate agent and then broker, I got offers from appraisers ALL. THE. TIME. I was going to suggest what the OP needed was a USP. However, I see that he later did post what it was. Brilliant! And thanks for standing up for the poor, beleaguered agents, who all have their own issues with getting out the word about their services. It's not easy being a marketer in a world where no one wants to be marketed to. ;)

5. KLaw

KLaw Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,862
    Something that worked for my painting business was I had half gallon custom paint cans w company logo and info as the label and business card holder attached to the can. I would personally go to realtor offices (beauty salons, day cares, etc..) explain my USP and ask if I could place the can filled with candy at the receptionist's desk or somewhere near the entrance or exit. I'd buy decent candy in bulk at Costco. Replenish my cards and candy about every 1 or 2 weeks. Important to touch / contact somebody everytime I replenished the candy can. Ironically, the most clients I got was from a realtors' office that made me put the can in the back corner of their mail room.

6. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,777
    Update.

This gets better every day.

I had a meeting with the owner of a very large brokerage today. I sure did not want to go to the meeting. Why would someone want me to drive across town for a meeting, when I have beautiful brocheres and web pages showing what I do.

Little did I know what was in store. I hope you like this as much as I do.

The owner wanted to see exactly what I had to offer. He loved it so much that he wants me to private label it for him and to work with his company exclusively. He does not want to even the playing field by having competitors have access to my services. He will push it hard to his company. It can be successful because his company has well over 1,000 agents. Not a small time operation.

He also wants me to take credit cards for easy payment. I told him I just won't do that - too complicated for a side gig. Maybe if things take off - we'll see. So he says that he will take the credit cards and cut me a check for the amount. What? Love this guy. And then it gets better.

He suggests I should team up with a transaction coordinator. Side note - a transaction coordinator is someone that manages the paperwork, deadlines, etc. for a deal. It's a lot of work. Some people specialize and do this as their only service. I said that is exactly the direction I am headed, as we would be able to supply everything from A to Z, more or less - except professional photography. He says their company has their own TC and he is sure she would love to partner with me. Oh, and it's his wife. What? So I meet his wife and go over what my plans are. She thinks we would go together perfectly. So do I, of course.

So today I private labeled flyers, etc. just for him. He offered to scan mine in and use it, crude as that might be. I said no - we have to do this right, and I did all my flyer design and website design, so anything he might need, I can create in a few hours, or less.

I followed up with his managing brokers in different offices. They are going to highlight me as the provider for this exclusive service. There competitors are not anywhere up to speed on something like this. And he wants to keep it that way.

Well, I'm mentally exhausted after the roller coaster ride today. I didn't do much work at all. I've worked ten times harder and not been tired. It's amazing how excitement can take the wind out of you.

Things are ramping up fast. I told his wife that when this takes off - which is not a matter of if, but when - we are going to need the entire front of the main office space. That consists of four conference rooms, a lounge, and the luxurious office where the boss works. I said I don't think the boss is going to like that. She said she would handle it - no problem...

Looking back at how things have developed, I see now what I should have seen a very long time ago. I am selling a top shelf service that a very few people can provide. Sure I have people that do what I do, but they are on the level of McDonalds - fast and cheap. I have improved what I deliver steadily over many years - despite it taking a lot more work. As a perfectionist, I loathe doing sloppy work, and I don't want to let my skills get rusty, so I do top quality work all the time. It's not good business sense, because I could do things faster. But I'd rather spend an extra two hours and deliver excellent quality.

The trouble is, not many people appreciate quality in my line of work today. But I don't need *everyone* to appreciate me. I just need the percentage of big hitters that do things on a much higher level. And now I've found them.

I wanted to branch out to other companies. That's what I should do. But that would be this guys competitors. So I will set up camp in this most welcome company. We will all do very well. I just need it to take off quickly. I've spent well over a month bringing this up to speed, and I need to win the race and start collecting prize money quick! My race car is built and ready to go.

Build it and they will come. Remember that line from a movie long ago? I did have serous doubts about my sanity more than just a few times while I was going through this...

7. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,003
    Outstanding! Kudos for accepting feedback, pivoting with the suggestions, executing hard, and now landing a major client/partner. Good luck with it!

I guess this probably means you haven't been looking into that Learn-Plan-Profit stock-trading program... :playful:

8. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,777
    Oh, and it keeps getting better.

I found a competitor that does what I do, but not to the high level of quality I do. That's perfectly fine. They only charge $100. I am charging $375 and up.

When this takes off, guess who I'm hiring to do the heavy lifting for me? My competitor. I have to spend about 2 more hours refining their work, but they definitely will be doing the hardest part of the work. I'm going to hire them when this rolls out. My profit for two hours of beefing up their work will be $275.

Hire my competitors. Love it. I don't even want to have them work for me. I don't want the headaches, and they are already established nationwide. So I have my work force already established and deployed.

Now let's think about this. Riding on my competitors back with them doing the hard part of the work, I can open the door to do, say 1,000 jobs a month. I'm hiring it all out, by the way. I figure I'll easily net $180 per job. Times 1,000. What is that a month? I may have to lower it by $100, because there are companies doing this already. I can run with that.

The companies doing this already have crap penetration into the market. That's because they want high quality work but they charge so little that they can't pay their help anything. They wanted to hire me. They charge $170 for a deluxe package, and I do all the work. What is my cut? $80? For that reason, they are not in the business in any real sense. I'll charge more, but get good people. They can't support their product. I can. Let's see who rolls out with a plan and takes over the market. I've been on both sides of that fence - I've taken over markets, and I've had my markets taken over by someone else. Get too cheap, and you can't do anything. I'm going to use one market to conquer another - and so on.

I am getting the launch pad ready. I do have to say, this is the best thing I've come up with that CAN launch easily. I do have other ideas, but they won't launch nearly as easily or as quickly as this will.

I owe this all to shutting my mouth and listening. Wow - who would have thought THAT technique would work? I continued to do that, and the more I did that, the more doors opened for me. I might have to try that again some day LOL...

Bekit and garyfritz like this.