The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary from Gloucestershire in the UK

gazzagb22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Dec 25, 2017
GB
Hi Everyone.

I'm Gary from Gloucestershire in the UK. Listened to Unscripted (And re-listening). Just started MFL. I have wandered through life dissatisfied with my lot. Had eureka moments which fizzled out in to nothing, based on my own fear of the unknown and laziness. Even ran a small local business for 8 years which bombed, blamed it on the 2008/9 recession, failed marriage and other factors but a major part of that was me not taking ownership and being lazy in my process'. This led to me selling the business at a loss and the house at cost, having to declare bankruptcy. Big sob story right! Had a year to bum around and then joined the script again working for the NHS for the last two years. But always had this nagging doubt in my mind about the life I was leading and how wrong it feels. So, at 52, what has changed. Still the same lazy bum, but time is running out. I'm less fearful now than I ever was. I'm more aware of my skills and my failings. And the major factor, my driver. Starting late, I have a beautiful baby girl of 2 and a half years old. Do I want to miss out on her childhood by being restricted by my employer on when I can take time off. Am I happy not making a difference in this lifetime? Am I happy to leave her the legacy of the father that left her a script for life that doesn't work. Or am I going to show her a different way, or at least sow the seed that there is another way to live. Win or lose, I need to change my life so that I can change hers. That's why I am here, why I am going to persist through the good and bad and I am happy to share my experiences along the way.

I would say good luck to you al,l but lets create our own! Time to change lane and unlearn and unscript.

Gary :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Ive always wanted to go to Gloucester cricket club; home of the legendary W G Grace. Welcome to the forum mate;

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And the major factor, my driver. Starting late, I have a beautiful baby girl of 2 and a half years old. Do I want to miss out on her childhood by being restricted by my employer on when I can take time off. Am I happy not making a difference in this lifetime? Am I happy to leave her the legacy of the father that left her a script for life that doesn't work.

Sounds like a great meaning and purpose. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheodoreA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 16, 2017
Guildford, UK
Good luck, keep going, don't quit.

Have you got any ideas of which direction you'll be going in? Any business ideas?

gazzagb22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Dec 25, 2017
GB
Good luck, keep going, don't quit.

Have you got any ideas of which direction you'll be going in? Any business ideas?
Yes, or at least a beginning. I'm sure it will adapt as I get in to it. I have incorporated my recent experience of being in a It project roll out which involved training and negotiation. All the skills I feel I have can come in to play and I'm sure I will learn a myriad more!

And thanks. I won't quit. I know there will be down times but I've experienced a lot of them and I'm still here getting up and moving forward. Haven't given up yet and can't see myself doing so, ever.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...