The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

G. Wellthy; trying to prioritize self and family as a tax-lawyer turned entrepreneur

How satisfied are you with your Wellth?

• Satisfied with the direction of my financial assets but not my human and relational capital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satisfied with the direction of my human and relational capital but not my financial assets

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not satisfied with any of the three but am confident I am going the right direction

• Don't get the question

• Other

• Total voters

G. Wellthy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 21, 2018
Hi everyone, my real name is Adam Hoffman, I was a full-time tax lawyer for quite awhile. I helped Canadian entrepreneurs save taxes and plan their estates. I didn't ever seem to be a client's "Trusted Advisor" and found it painful to save clients lots of money, but they wouldn't call me for general advice or my favourite topic: creating time for family and prioritizing self and family before business.

I dropped into a CFO role of a technology startup in 2015 and that really turned my world upside down. I got to feel first hand the wild ride all you entrepreneurs are on. And I loved it! Except the lack of income crippling my relationship with my wife and the gym but I'm working through that!

I've recently successfully worked my way out of that startup, buying my time back so to speak. I've been working with a business coach to try to figure out what my mission is and I've landed on: helping entrepreneurial families thrive for generations.

Jay Hughes in his book Family Wealth essentially defines my current focus. Wealthy (old) entrepreneurs have the time and inclination to ask themselves, how do I translate my business success forward to my family and those that I care about? I'm trying to find a way to bring that perspective "backwards in time" to us, entrepreneurs still in wealth creation mode. How can we build strong relationships in our family (and with ourselves) such that the success we achieve doesn't come at the cost of what matters most: family.

... I don't have that answer yet!

I chose my signature because I really like the word "Wellth" and I define it as: Financial Assets + Human Capital + Relational Capital = Family Wellth.

I hope by joining this forum I can help myself and all of you Get Wellthy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...