The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Future of Twitter... Bust or Glory?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hello,
Would like you all's opinion on Twitter. Is it just hype now and fail later or do you think it will hold market in the coming years?

Facebook and MySpace are at 100ish million users, and Twitter is at roughly mid 10's million users.

Lately, it's been really BOOMING with sign ups, but will it last?
Will enough people find it valuable enough to stay?
Will the "social media" pull get the best of them? By that, I mean, so many of your friends are doing it, why not? Or that so many of your friends are on it or doing it, that you will feel left out? And then later become addicted?

Any downfalls? Spamming, etc.?

- James F

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Either Twitter needs to get BETTER or someone else will come along with the same idea and do the same thing but BETTER. The idea/concept will last but whether Twitter will last depends on how much they improve, because well...it kinda sucks.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I give it 18 months. MySpace is starting to decline and a few years ago, everyone was talking about that. Twitter is such a simple app, I'm surprised another "newer and better" thing hasn't grappled the market.

Guess it is an example of "first to market" ...

Peter2 once compared these web fads to new bars and clubs. They're hot for a few years then they die down in favor of the newest, hottest flavor.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I think one of the biggest reasons it may ride the wave for as long as it does is it's accessibility to mobile phone app users. It's an easy, real time means of communication from virtually anywhere in the world. If twitter can work to improve this function and give more options then they can easily keep their growth rate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
Latest comscore data shows Twitter global unique visitors at 32 million, up from 19 million a month earlier! Obviously it's experiencing exponential growth. There's the problem of retention rates for them which have been very low comparatively.

Will Twitter be around 10 years from now? No. Will there be a service similar to it that's perfected it and morphed into something greater? Absolutely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.