The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Frustrated

A post of a ranting nature...

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
So my plan was to build credit so I could purchase an investment property and rent it out - creating my first passive income business.

I asked my dad if he wanted to co-authorize a credit card with me so he could help me out. He didn't like it so I got my own credit card.

I asked him if he would want to make purchases with it - since I don't really buy much- so he could help me build credit. He said yes.

But along the way, when he gets upset or emotional, he'll refuse to use it.

It's not really a big deal, just frustrating when your parents don't want to help you out.

Oh well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So my plan was to build credit so I could purchase an investment property and rent it out - creating my first passive income business.

I asked my dad if he wanted to co-authorize a credit card with me so he could help me out. He didn't like it so I got my own credit card.

I asked him if he would want to make purchases with it - since I don't really buy much- so he could help me build credit. He said yes.

But along the way, when he gets upset or emotional, he'll refuse to use it.

It's not really a big deal, just frustrating when your parents don't want to help you out.

Oh well.

Being an entrepreneur is taking control of your life regardless of what happens with other people.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Your parents don't OWE you help , I started my journey with no help from my mom and now she dosent have to work b/c I support her and myself , I've been supporting her for about 2 years now

@AndrewNC is right , it's about taking control of every aspect of your life

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Dude buy your gas for your car with the credit card. its consistent and easy to pay off. You should have solid credit in less than 6 months. Dont blame others - take control of the situation.

edit; just read the other responses, glad we're all on the same page haha

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You're not the first, and you're not the last. Parents are humans just like the rest of the world. They have their views, opinions, beliefs, and depending on your personality and theirs it may clash in a big way. In my experience be glad they're not helping you. And I say this, because it can be your biggest blessing. Some parents enable their children. This becomes unhealthy, learned behavior, and dependent on others to solve your problems for you. And I'm sure plenty have the same comment as yours. "My parents won't help me." Well if you look at all the children whose parents help them, they usually don't know how to problem solve, spoiled, and never become wealthy or rich, because everything is handed to them.

I once read some billionaires tell their children to learn on their own and help themselves. One even asked for my guidance once and was upset, irate, and feeling sorry for themselves. There are lessons learned in having to learn to solve problems, move through obstacles, and find solutions. The biggest favor they can do is, let you fail as fast as you can, so you know the answers. You may need to network, do the foot work, and build credibility with your character and communication style, but you sure don't need your parents.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.