The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Zero to Hero

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 get an INSIDERS subscription and post a business ideas thread there.....
ideas are easy ....... execution is what matters.....

sign up for INSIDERS, post a FULL CENTS analysis of each idea ..... quit half assing....

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
@raad182 you talk about control but from what I have read, you are not in control of your actions, thoughts, and emotions - there is a pattern in your posts as well as your actions.

Questions (answer what you are comfortable with publically, but make sure you answer to yourself honestly):

1. What does “process” mean to you when people here talk about it?
2. When was the last time you went through learning a skill from nothing to competency to mastery?
3. What is your natural physiological, mental, and biological response to hardship, failure, and difficult circumstance?
4. Read over this thread again and tell me what patterns you see in yourself. Really try to be critical and step away from your perspective when doing it.

Hint: There was a study about top performers in business and sports - one of the most common traits between peak performers are their ability for self awareness and typically are the harshes critics on themselves.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
4. I've read it again as you suggested and I got your point, there are posts and more posts about shiny objects, " but ", " the problem is " and lack of real work. Looking at those posts I see the negative self beating attitude, kinda lazy looking for the easy way out.
But Im seeing some progress thanks to all contribuitions here, I just need to start something NOW.
Slowly the tide begins to turn. Eyes begin to open. Great things are coming.

There will be a big failure. Maybe another. Will @raad182 fight through them? Once he is on the path to success, will he send the elevator back down? Get your popcorn. Let's get to work!

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I've tested the market, asking people if they would buy such thing and the answer is always " Absolute fckng yes! "

Now that it’s ready, what about these people? They should be your first sale if they were that enthusiastic initially.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 what sales could you go get? instead of waiting for them to come to you, how could you reach out to them? expand your thinking.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Always straight to the negative or the excuse. Maybe you don't even notice as you have limited yourself for so long. Change your language. Change your mindset. Change.

@ZCP spot on.

"The problem is that... but I..."
"The opportunity is that... and I..."

@raad182 You described it as a "problem" in the negative sense. It's true, it is a problem for someone. The customer can't reach the product! It's an opportunity for you, one of an infinity that you could pursue, if you chose (I mean, you do have to decide which ones are best suited to your skills and tastes, but the universe is made of almost nothing but opportunity). You described a price imbalance caused by remoteness, a classic trade opportunity. Not to mention the perceived value multiplier caused by the improvement of the frame. Keep on truckin' buddy! :hilarious:

Thanks guys...Im working on my issues and yes I don't notice because I was raised being told things like that " you can't ", " you won't ", " the problem is " and so on...I can remember when I was 13 dreaming about being a soccer player and my dad just say it loud to his wife " Raad won't make it ", not trying to justify anything, just to give an idea of where I came from, the ocean of self limiting beliefs...Once an aunt said to me that " I shouldn't listen to rock music because I was poor "

I could gave more and more episodes but I don't want to remember, for now I just want to change my beliefs.

Hey, and now I just got an idea of what I will buy for $1 and sell for $2...an umbrella.

I went to lunch outside the office, started to rain and while I was waiting for the rain to stop, there was an old lady next to me saying " I just forgot the window opened, this rain doesn't stop and I don't have any umbrella " , moments later a guy arrived with an old destroyed umbrella and I felt like the ultimate entrepreneur spotting an opportunity, was a powerful feeling.

Now is my turn to take action!

Last edited:

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Following your progress @raad182

Overcoming the years of negative beliefs put into your mind without you even realizing it is tough stuff, I’ve been there and it’s a daily battle. You can do it though.

Get a small win under your belt, then another and another and watch it snowball.

Oh, and consider an edit to your thread title. “Zero” is not what you are, not now or at any point in your life.

Im finishing The Unscripted and then I'll get into the battle field.
Thanks for the support
About the thread, I once read a McGregor post fight press and he said " From nothing to something to everything " I've felt that really deep and expect to make the same way, actually I will.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 status on your 6 items listed above? update your list (with positive mindset / language) for this week. what WILL get done this week?

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Lot of excuses and delay. You don't want this bad enough.

Don't try this on me again...As I've said before, this time with my family is really important for me. After this, you have my words, it will be all walk and no talk.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Fair enough. Some thoughts for the forum, everyone respond with what you think here......

Question: Why miss the opportunity to get help from your closest network, your family?

Quick aside: why the hell does everyone need to wait? 'oh, i'll get started after this business trip'. 'oh, i'll get started when little Timmy is out of school'. 'I'll start a workout program next January'.

If you are going to make permanent change, why not involve those closest to you? You don't need to hit them with an MLM pitch. Just brainstorm for 5 minutes while driving in the car to go eat. Throw out ideas and get feedback. Learn who is supportive and who just wants to crush your ideas.

@raad182 What I'm pushing for is for you to stop limiting / restricting / delaying yourself!!

Im trying to read a book of almost 400pages written in a foreign language in two days and you say that Im waiting...

Im already taking action but I must finish the essentials (both books) before get into the field because reading The Unscripted now just showed that most of the questions I was asking here, were already answered there by MJ

Im trying to read the book in two days to start to take action and to take advantage of this easy start of the year when I have a lot of free time at work. Today I've been reading this the whole day, rushed the lunch, skipped the gym and now just arrived home to finish it today

Yes, Im waiting...

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
I've never seen anyone with this many excuses and shocking lack of execution make something of themselves. Really hope I'm proved wrong, but not looking the least bit likely when members are dropping excellent advice and the status update includes such gems as "I will get back to sports betting". :inpain:

Its not cool to cut a bit of the quote

"...I know, you will think im joking but I gave me a few bucks to bet as New Years gift, Its quite risky but in the past I've followed an strategy and made 2k from 30$ in 1 month...But I don't have expectations or ambitions, just entertainment). "

This is my FU money

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
1. I will buy anything for $1 and sell for 2$ (a bottle of water probably).
2. I will cold-approach 4-5 women (Im single and this always put me on a social positive mood).
3. I will gradually change my mindset from " Take " to " Give ".
4. I will practice Forex a little bit more (Just to conclude if Im in or not).
5. I will get back to sports betting (I know, you will think im joking but I gave me a few bucks to bet as New Years gift, Its quite risky but in the past I've followed an strategy and made 2k from 30$ in 1 month...But I don't have expectations or ambitions, just entertainment)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
  • Create an online passive source of income that demands less than 4hour/day of work.
  • Start a profitable business
  • Get in the best physique of my life
  • Often I have some free time at my corporate job that I could use to learn something.
  • Time with friends and nightlife (Im a lone wolf, I often go out solo).
  • Willing to do whatever it takes to live the life of my dreams.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 filling up these boxes? have something going on #4, right?
what about the others? make some progress today!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018

Hey @ZCP
I've just faced a life changing event, kinda faced death and that made me rethink my life.
I decided to slow down a bit, be realistic, grow up and find a way, I just realized how short life is and I won't settle until I detach my money from my time.
Life has a funny way to teach serious things. Seize your day, enjoy life.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
For everyone reading this thread and following the @raad182 story ....
what is the % chance he does something?
what is the date when he will actually make some significant progress?
what could you learn from him to not get caught in the same loop?

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
What do you guys think about the idea of starting a pre-workout line?
I have a good body so to market the hell out of it wouldn't be a problem.
There is a dude here who made this but he just buy cheap and rebottle with his brand.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Brother...when you started this thread you had 11 people in your corner (probably more but that’s how many likes your OP got) AND you had a successful businessman in @ZCP who has been guiding you for free.

Since then it has been filled with questions and shiny objects and justification for not doing anything and the likes have dropped and presumably the followers has lowered.

I believe you have it in you to make it work but if you’re open to a suggestion here it is. Stop asking us what you should do and just go do something, anything. Think a pre-workout line will be successful? Great, go do it and report back. Maybe it will work, maybe it won’t. Either way, this forum will respect the HELL out of you for trying.

Are you being paid to do this? I'm confused. You're either a saint or the most patient person ever.

I was in the same loop as Raad, his mindset is stuck on being rich instead of being free. He's looking too long term, "oh I want this Lamborghini" instead of "I want to first pay off the car I'm currently driving".

He needs to stop and find his 'why'. Until he does that, he will keep flip-flopping from one idea to the next.
To answer your questions:
1) At his current state, he has 0% chance
2) 4-6 months from now when it finally hits him that he's making excuses, what he's doing isn't working - he needs to take a different approach
3) I was in that same loop. I've found my why, and I'm working on that why daily - some days I fall back into that loop but I kick myself out of it

Raad, good luck mate! You haven't had a REAL FTE, but you will.. and when you do; you'll understand how your journey so far has been all talk and no walk.

P.S: If it comes off as harsh, it's because I've been where you are.

Thanks guys for the reality check, trust me I wouldn't get this anywhere else.

I will pursue this idea, its the hand I have right now. Until I close my first sale I want this thread to stay dead, go help others as you guys have done for me.
Now its time for me to act.
Wish me luck!

Andrew Jones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah I mean 3 pages in and my dude is still pursuing poker as his path to wealth. :inpain:
Hope he goes through with the pre workout idea. Plenty of swole dudes on instagram making $$$ as fitness influencers, affiliate marketing and selling private label brands. Easily the best idea he put forth. I just don't see him having the persistence to build up a following, as patience and discipline do not seem his strong suit.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Actually talk out each of them! why does each have this and lack that. be very, very detailed! ....... write it out!
you only get better by exercising the muscle! time to flex!

This " MUST " drug you gave me is really powerful...I've just wrote 50 ideas today, no time to waste.

At lunch I MUST wrote the remaining 50. I MUST start executing them this week.

UPDATE: Done! Just wrote the 100 ideas and was a great exercise that showed me what kind of business I'm more inclined to start. I've perceived that lots of ideas can merge into two business that I MUST execute first. Now I will pick my top 10.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
list your top 10 here with full CENTS analysis and rough gameplan for each.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
@ZCP

Mad respect to you for taking the time to help the OP. You responses have been immensely helpful.

@raad182 Will you join me or continue the action fakery?
See you on the INSIDE

Last edited:

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
@ZCP

Mad respect to you for taking the time to help the OP. You responses have been immensely helpful.

This is awesome! I am so glad I stumbled upon on this. Been too long in the analysis-paralaysis, action faking stage.

Challenge accepted. I will be starting my progress thread "Evaluating 100 ideas" tomorrow (it's 5 AM now) and making 2019 the best year of my life

@raad182 Will you join me or continue the action fakery?
See you on the INSIDE

we MUST do this!
I will use the words of my mentor @ZCP , change I will for I MUST in your writing.
Today I must create my action plan for February.

Pick a better name for your thread, reading " Evaluating 100 ideas " everyday won't give you too much motivation, sounds stuck IMO. Choose a name that will keep the fire alive.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
@raad182 you talk about control but from what I have read, you are not in control of your actions, thoughts, and emotions - there is a pattern in your posts as well as your actions.

Questions (answer what you are comfortable with publically, but make sure you answer to yourself honestly):

1. What does “process” mean to you when people here talk about it?
2. When was the last time you went through learning a skill from nothing to competency to mastery?
3. What is your natural physiological, mental, and biological response to hardship, failure, and difficult circumstance?
4. Read over this thread again and tell me what patterns you see in yourself. Really try to be critical and step away from your perspective when doing it.

Hint: There was a study about top performers in business and sports - one of the most common traits between peak performers are their ability for self awareness and typically are the harshes critics on themselves.

Thanks @TSDTyler!

Answering your questions honestly...

1. Its the road from point A (resources, inputs, knowledge, skills, raw material...) to point B (event, product, result, goal...)
2. Jack of all trades master of none.
3. I feel really down at the start like dead inside, after the initial pain I look back and analyze what have led me to that failure, how I could avoid that so it doesn't happen again and if it was my fault, then probably 2-3 days later Im new again. Biologically, I feel on my stomach, normally I lose my appetite and my mind go numb like " For real? Is this it? "
4. I've read it again as you suggested and I got your point, there are posts and more posts about shiny objects, " but ", " the problem is " and lack of real work. Looking at those posts I see the negative self beating attitude, kinda lazy looking for the easy way out.

But Im seeing some progress thanks to all contribuitions here, I just need to start something NOW.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
@raad182 where is your full CENTS analysis of this idea? is it a Productocracy?

what problem are you solving? who is your target customer? what is needed to deliver the value?

quit half doing this.........

1. Fitness Persona

C - Totally on control, the only downsides would be external events and time (get old).
E - Its a biological lottery, not everyone has aesthetics lines, easy to build muscle, lose bodyfat and maintain a good physique 365/y.
N - People know what to do, there are loads of info for free on the internet but they don't have a person with a similar routine showing that its possible without being a meathead, taking steroids. I see that most of people fail to achieve their dream bodies is lack of motivation to stay disciplined and I would provide that on a daily basis.
T - Would to keep it updated on a daily basis.
s - Don't see much of it

Productocracy - Not at all

Problem to be solved - Lack of guindance and motivation for those who want to change their bodies and can't afford plans or trainers.

Target Customer - those who want to change their bodies and can't afford plans or trainers.

What is needed - A good body, camera, good clothes, social media presence

Conclusion: Shit idea, Its not a business at all just my desire. Self serving.

NEXT!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.