The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Urban Poor to Fastlaner (In 10 years from now, maybe)

axeman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 13, 2019
I have been lurking in this forum for a while now. Perhaps I should give a proper introduction.

I am a father with 2 small kids and a wonderful wife. I am in my late 30's now and one salary's away from disaster.
From where I am from (Malaysia), I currently belong to the lowest income group (earning USD750 and below).
Some people call it 'urban poor'. With no saving, insurance, and negative net-worth, it feels like you are in a hole. With no way out.

I have been trying to find my way out by trying several side hustles but it did not work out well.

Finally, I decided to stick with eBay. Doing Retail Arbitrage. This business seems to work just fine for me at this moment.
I know it violates the CENTS principles but you gotta start somewhere right?

I read TMF somewhere in the third quarter of 2019. It blew my mind. I am thankful for this book. I am currently reading the Unscripted . Thanks, MJ!

Inspired by it, I tried to learn coding from FreeCodeCamp and CodeAcademy. It was fun.
But after a month, I had to stop to give room to my eBay business. I plan to resume it later next year.

In Dec 2019 I started to plan my 2020 goal. I began waking up early in the morning to work on my eBay business. Usually, I woke up around 4.30 - 5.30 am.
It is nice to work during this hour while the kids are sleeping. And the whole world is still silent. During the weekend I will spend as much as I can on my side hustle.
But of course, it varies. Especially when you have a 5-year-old and 2-year-old kids around.

My target is to earn a minimum monthly profit of USD1,250 by Dec 2020. I'm still very far away from it. I'm doing an average of USD150 in profit now (January 2020).
Hopefully, February will be better. I plan to save one year worth of living expenses and do this full time.

Nice to meet all of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Nice. Is 150 the average per day or year?

axeman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 13, 2019
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're off to a great start - 15% or so of your way to your goal and we're about 15% of the way through the year.

Are you strictly selling in Malaysia?
Thanks. I sell on the open market. Most of my customers are from the United States, UK, Australia and some European countries.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...