The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From a Jerk to an appreciator

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Truthfully, I have taken everyone, even family, around me for granted. And it's not getting me anywhere. Chasing money isn't getting me anywhere. I am a very miserable man. Ever since I started seeking out what's the most I can get for the smallest effort, I've been a jerk to everyone and pushed everyone away.

I'm not going to want anything from anyone anymore. I'm going to the gym and seeing how I can appreciate people by being social with them and just living a happier life. I think that's the first step: making friends.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
  • Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Well I went to the gym today, and said Hi to people. At first, I made eye contact and a gut made eye contact, and although I glanced away at first, I said Hi and he nodded (in the middle of a curl set). Then I did this with several others and they smiled, so that was cool.

Then as I'm leaving I tell the clerk bye and she says Bye, then I ask if there's anything she needs help with. She says no even though theres a trash bag she's filling up. So I walk out and wait five seconds and ask, "not even the trash?" And she says no, it's fine. I couldn't tell if it was a smile but her teeth were showing?

So as I'm outside someone I said Hi to earlier comes and gives me a fist bump and says, "later bro". I thought that was cool. And then two people walk out, and then later one, I say bye and they say bye.

I guess this would be considered a progress thread in terms of attitude and coming out of my shell. I'm not sure if this is off-topic but I just want to improve my attitude and appreciate others. If this doesn't belong here, let me know. I'm going to the park with no expectations.

Dougema

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 21, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Keep going man! As a Brazilian, it is not as easy to make friends/meet people here but keep pushing and you'll see how much happier you get just by offering to help someone. Besides, let me know if you're up for a beer someday

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Spreading positivity in the world rules!

To be specific, I didn't end up playing frisbee but kept saying Hi to people after I left. I was on my bike when I eventually passed by a woman I said Hi to while Smiling. She lit up and she said Hi back. I didn't know I could do that, and I made someone's afternoon better.

But most importantly I just put my love out there for the world to receive it, and if the world cares or not, it's still there for grabs. Not everyone may care but there may be one person you can affect just by appreciating their prescence.

Last edited:
  • Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Based on the replies from this thread, I've signed up for a Toastmasters meeting today at 6:30PM, a meetup with Maria Lecuyer as a guest speaker at 5:30PM tomorrow, and a Lindy Hop Swing Dance following that hour-long meet-up at 7PM.

I may volunteer at an open mic night instead of the Toastmasters meetup. Haven't decided yet.

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
@jon.a I went swing dancing today. I was surrounded by a lot of positive people for a little over an hour. Worth well the $11 investment.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
  • Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
It was fun too, right?
Yeah, especially at the beginning. But there were moments where I couldn't get the dance right at all. My partners encouraged me and the people there want me back next week. I might have to buy the year membership ($50) which reduces the entry from $15 to $11. Go daddy-o!

FiftySeven

Sex. Power. World Domination.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
479%
Jan 18, 2015
LandoftheBlind where one-laser-eyed man is King
Progress - life truly IS about other people...

Tnx,

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
@Andy Black today I finally got my first "not so good" response for the question "How are things?" It was from my lifting buddy that I've known for a while.

We were at the gym when we had this convo. He mentioned "Business stuff...real estate. I'm investing in a project but my partners (uncles) don't want to put any money down. I've kept hassling them and it's frustrating. We have until the end of september but wasting this time is f-ing annoying."

I didn't know how to help so I just advised him that, "this behavior will repeat itself down the line. If they're late now...imagine how late they will be later!" To which he responded, "I've invested time and money in this and just want to finish it. Well, I have to do this set now."

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
@Andy Black today I finally got my first "not so good" response for the question "How are things?" It was from my lifting buddy that I've known for a while.

We were at the gym when we had this convo. He mentioned "Business stuff...real estate. I'm investing in a project but my partners (uncles) don't want to put any money down. I've kept hassling them and it's frustrating. We have until the end of september but wasting this time is f-ing annoying."

I didn't know how to help so I just advised him that, "this behavior will repeat itself down the line. If they're late now...imagine how late they will be later!" To which he responded, "I've invested time and money in this and just want to finish it. Well, I have to do this set now."
hang in there bud. just keep on developing the charisma and the personality and good things will come your way. LAW OF ATTRACTION

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Well, so far I have invested $95 in the first part of the application. Now I have to wait to get the letter that says I'm eligible to receive a temporary certificate. Then I can seek employment in Florida schools to be a high school teacher.

I kept getting pushed in this direction by many people and initially resisted because I wanted to be employed as a developer or because I thought I could go Fastlane without much process.

I'm waiting on my letter in the mail. Until then, just more reading books, gym, providing value to others without any expectations, and hellish midnight valet shifts O_O

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
This lady clothed in a running/workout outfit just sat across me at Starbucks and I saw her lower legs hurt because she was massaging them. I told her "You need a foam roller!" She laughed and then I said "I should have bought my foam roller, it would have helped. It's actually a foam ball."

She knew what shin splints were. But then I told her that I can tell that her running style is akin to braking too much on a car. Her legs were slightly raised so I pointed out her shoes' heels are worn out, which means she's landing too much upright. Therefore, the normal (reactive) force is the greatest, and her body gets very stressed. I advised her to run mid-foot so her body's momentum carries her forward. Then I told her that swimming really helps. And what helped more, @Longinus, was that I was wearing my clown shoes (which she subtly noted).

I should have asked her if she knew how to get rid of them to find out her point of view to find out her thinking process, but now I know that for next time.

P.S. I talked too much, and thought I knew it all. I didn't really get to find out much about the other person other than she ran and she got shin splints. How long did she run for? From where? What was her nutrition like? I don't feel like I built a good relationship. Even though the info helps me, she can't see why it helps her.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
How would you have helped him?

by joining clubs or organizations, also listening to one of the plethora of audio books on youtube. so much content there.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Well, so far I have invested $95 in the first part of the application. Now I have to wait to get the letter that says I'm eligible to receive a temporary certificate. Then I can seek employment in Florida schools to be a high school teacher.

I kept getting pushed in this direction by many people and initially resisted because I wanted to be employed as a developer or because I thought I could go Fastlane without much process.

I'm waiting on my letter in the mail. Until then, just more reading books, gym, providing value to others without any expectations, and hellish midnight valet shifts O_O
good luck

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
These past two and a half weeks have been very eventful! I've made over $500, read a lot, and I've gotten much stronger. I've applied to be a teacher and raise my income by 4x as much. I've become more social/sociable. I'm talking to women again, and women are talking to me again- sweet

Again, this is in the past two and a half weeks; I would previously lay in bed playing chess all day on the internet, moping about how my life wasn't as good as before. Not any more. My confidence has improved. I can walk into any room or location where people are at without flinching.

I can do whatever I want (legally) without any fear. It's the attitude of "F*ck it, if something bad happens, it happens. I've lived through worse!"

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
(continued)

In other news, today I got Instagress, implemented and worked through my daily routine (see below), and completed tasks to become a high school teacher by going to the school board and inquiring on what else I needed to do.

Daily Routine:

4AM: Miracle Morning
4:20AM: Cold Shower
4:35AM: Breakfast
5AM: Book (Currently: How to be a 3% Man by Corey Wayne)
5:45AM: Gym

It's a long process, allegedly. I can't help but hope for the best, however. So far I have to complete what looks like a normal job application (uploading resume, references, previous work experience, and minor details). I also have to complete a 100-minute questionnaire about my cognitive abilities and two essay questions about teaching-specific questions. I also have to wait for my letter of eligibility to arrive.

For some lady it took ten months but I can't help to think she wasn't on top of her game at all, and procrastinated. I inquired about what step it was that was missing and she mentioned it was some general knowledge test. After investigating, I don't need to do this to apply for employment.

The process shouldn't take more than two months. I'll call schools near the end of those two months to find openings. Hopefully the high school I graduated from hires me.

On an unrelated note, I can be kind of a jerk, but I blame it on sleep deprivation. Get your sleep!

Last edited:

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Bored as hell waiting for Monday.

I'm finally a high school teacher. The process was absolute hell but not once did I doubt I was going to make it. I just thought of it as a RuneScape quest that I needed to finish. Easily master difficulty. (Getting the Bachelor's was grandmaster and a pre-requisite.)

Many teachers are telling me to get a Master's, but for what? 3k extra salary a year? I LOL. I would get a Master's to learn more math, not for the mere $350/month salary increase.

I also quit my valet job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.