The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From a CPA to Fastlane - My Introduction - See you at The Summit!

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I never made a introduction post since I joined last year. I am going to the Fastlane Summit and thought I'd post an introduction along with my picture so I am not stranger when you see me :)

I live in New Jersey but grew up in Northern Virginia. I went to school at the University of Maryland and double majored in Accounting and Economics. Started my career in tax at PwC. Fast forward 7 years, worked up the corporate ladder, and now I'm a manager at a PE fund focusing on transactional tax work. Yep, boring story so far right?....

Over the 7 years, I had an interest in real estate. I purchased my first rental property a year ago in Ohio. I was hooked on getting passive rental checks which brought me here on this forum when I was researching on real estate development.

I read TMF twice. I read through most of the gold threads. I'm now taking action and have plans to leave my slow lane job in 2016.

Importing/FBA - In June 2015, I started importing products to private label. I must have imported around 8 different products. Out of those 8 products, I only have one "winner" which brings me around $3,600 in sales (in November so it is overstated due to Holidays). When I first imported this one product, I lost a lot of money on advertising. Now I am #2 listing in the search results for most of my keywords. If you knew the product, you would have no idea that they were popular. I'm working on expanding the product line as we speak. I've already set up a website but have not gotten any sales on it (even after getting visitors from instagram and adwords).

In October 2015, I went to the China to meet with several manufactures that I will be working with. It was a great trip. I also went to the Canton Fair but in my opinion, it was not as useful or I was not prepared.

Kickstarter - I am also launching a kickstarter campaign for a product that I hope to sell online and wholesale to distributors. If you are an INSIDERS, you will see my progress thread. I've built an e-mail subscriber list of more then 2,000 people all in less then a month. My strategy was to use facebook ads paying 1 cent per click! Once I receive my sample in 2 weeks, I will start cranking up my budget for these ads. Now with a huge subscriber list and following on facebook and instagram, I was able to survey my followers to give them the exact product.

I hope to meet you all at the Summit. Here is a picture of me so if you see me, please say Hi to me in February!

IMG_2825.JPG
Me in Guangzhou after the Canton Fair in October

Cliffnote:
- Raised in Northern Virginia
- A CPA looking to quit the slowlane
- Started importing and amazon FBA in June 2015
- Starting Kickstarter Campaign in 2016
-Looking to meet everyone at the Summitt

-Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

carswest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 28, 2015
Los Angeles suburbs
awesome, mate! Can you please share how did you get such an amazing Like conversion to e-mail? And how did you get 1 cent per click? Did you targer USA? I have over 6K likes on my facebook page, but I yet struggle to convert them to emails. Thank you for the info, and good luck!

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
awesome, mate! Can you please share how did you get such an amazing Like conversion to e-mail? And how did you get 1 cent per click? Did you targer USA? I have over 6K likes on my facebook page, but I yet struggle to convert them to emails. Thank you for the info, and good luck!

I did target USA. I was also targeting "fashion accessories". I let facebook set the bid for me.

I found that doing an ad for website clicks was a lot cheaper then advertising for facebook likes and post boosts.

With post boosts, I was paying .39 per click vs .01 - .02 for website clicks. Over the course of 3 weeks, I got 11,722 website clicks. Only 2,000 subscribers which is around a 17 percent conversion. I heard that is low but it is a good start. However, they are opting in to get more information on my product. I am not offering any type of discounts, e-book...etc

If you aren't converting, it may be your offer. What are you offering them for them to opt in?

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 9.28.21 PM.png

carswest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 28, 2015
Los Angeles suburbs
I did target USA. I was also targeting "fashion accessories". I let facebook set the bid for me.

I found that doing an ad for website clicks was a lot cheaper then advertising for facebook likes and post boosts.

With post boosts, I was paying .39 per click vs .01 - .02 for website clicks. Over the course of 3 weeks, I got 11,722 website clicks. Only 2,000 subscribers which is around a 17 percent conversion. I heard that is low but it is a good start. However, they are opting in to get more information on my product. I am not offering any type of discounts, e-book...etc

If you aren't converting, it may be your offer. What are you offering them for them to opt in?

View attachment 11180

ah, ok. got it. Awesome. I also agree with you that ads are way cheaper than boost post. Your subscription funnel is doing the trick! That is awesome and 17% conversion is pretty good.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Make a lander.... ask your list to pre-order and get a 50% discount.

Prove there is a demand before you invest any more time or money. A good lander should not cost you more than $200-300 bux... cheaper if you can do it yourself.

Check out this thread:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/100-website-to-validate-your-business-idea.64366/

I'm also doing something similar, except I'm 80% done with creating my SaaS MVP (I did not feel pre-selling without a Minimum Viable Product would work).... I'm in the process of creating a funnel now - I'll be providing high quality value through a 7 day email course, then I'll give them a solution to some of their problems (my SaaS) and see if there is a demand before I decide to take the idea any further. I'll be about $700 bux in when all said and done.

BTW... if nothing else, you could offer a service that sold lead generation. Getting leads for $0.10 is HELLA cheap. People pay CPA networks $2+ (US) so there is a nice margin for you even if you sold them for just $1.

Good luck with it all. Look forward to you posting updates about your progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
We should set up a little FBA mastermind within the MFL readers

About to launch my product very soon hoping to build my brand from there...

Will be following your posts to see what you are up to as well ;)

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
We should set up a little FBA mastermind within the MFL readers

About to launch my product very soon hoping to build my brand from there...

Will be following your posts to see what you are up to as well ;)

I'm down for a master mind group. Maybe a group of 5 people and do skype calls once a week.

Superwoman

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 18, 2014
Colorado
I never made a introduction post since I joined last year. I am going to the Fastlane Summit and thought I'd post an introduction along with my picture so I am not stranger when you see me :)

I live in New Jersey but grew up in Northern Virginia. I went to school at the University of Maryland and double majored in Accounting and Economics. Started my career in tax at PwC. Fast forward 7 years, worked up the corporate ladder, and now I'm a manager at a PE fund focusing on transactional tax work. Yep, boring story so far right?....

Over the 7 years, I had an interest in real estate. I purchased my first rental property a year ago in Ohio. I was hooked on getting passive rental checks which brought me here on this forum when I was researching on real estate development.

I read TMF twice. I read through most of the gold threads. I'm now taking action and have plans to leave my slow lane job in 2016.

Importing/FBA - In June 2015, I started importing products to private label. I must have imported around 8 different products. Out of those 8 products, I only have one "winner" which brings me around $3,600 in sales (in November so it is overstated due to Holidays). When I first imported this one product, I lost a lot of money on advertising. Now I am #2 listing in the search results for most of my keywords. If you knew the product, you would have no idea that they were popular. I'm working on expanding the product line as we speak. I've already set up a website but have not gotten any sales on it (even after getting visitors from instagram and adwords).

In October 2015, I went to the China to meet with several manufactures that I will be working with. It was a great trip. I also went to the Canton Fair but in my opinion, it was not as useful or I was not prepared.

Kickstarter - I am also launching a kickstarter campaign for a product that I hope to sell online and wholesale to distributors. If you are an INSIDERS, you will see my progress thread. I've built an e-mail subscriber list of more then 2,000 people all in less then a month. My strategy was to use facebook ads paying 1 cent per click! Once I receive my sample in 2 weeks, I will start cranking up my budget for these ads. Now with a huge subscriber list and following on facebook and instagram, I was able to survey my followers to give them the exact product.

I hope to meet you all at the Summit. Here is a picture of me so if you see me, please say Hi to me in February!

View attachment 11176

Cliffnote:

-Mike
Great story! Your an action taker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York

View attachment 11176

Cliffnote:

-Mike

Hey Mike nice to meet you!!! I based in NYC.

Would love to hear more about your importing businesses. I would like to possibly invest

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...