The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From 9-5 To Financial Freedom

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

Deleted34902

I have decided to start this progress thread to document my journey to financial freedom. I want to add value to this great forum and hope to inspire others.

A little bit about me…
  • I’m a 25-year-old male living in Australia
  • I have a degree in Accounting & Finance and currently work as a Tax Accountant
  • Just sat my last CPA exam two days ago – now with no more study commitments, I can focus solely on learning and building a business
  • I have $40,000 in cash and $10,000 in stocks with zero debt
  • I drive an ordinary car that gets me from A to B and still live at home – I refuse to upgrade my car or take out a mortgage, I’m willing to make sacrifices now to enjoy the good life later, and taking out a loan means I’m tying myself to a job

My Why’s:
  • I want financial freedom and to be free at a young age, while also helping my family who have struggled financially

My Plan:
  • I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , along with other books that have stood the test of time
  • I will be reviewing TMFL and Unscripted , specifically sections I have highlighted and read the GOLD threads – I know this could be considered an action-fake, but I want to embed this knowledge into my mind

This is where I’m currently at, I’ll be keeping you updated on my progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

RichieKastl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 10, 2017
Ohio
Have you thought about quitting your current job, reducing all of your monthly expenses as much as you can, and living off of that $40,000 while you build your business? If you could get your monthly bills down to $700-$800 a month and live very frugally, you could last about 3 years off of that and dedicate all your time towards your business.

This is my current goal. Right now I'm getting up at 4:30 every morning to work on my business and then going to my full-time job. Once I save up enough money I'm going to quit my job and work full time growing my business.

D

Deleted34902

Have you thought about quitting your current job, reducing all of your monthly expenses as much as you can, and living off of that $40,000 while you build your business? If you could get your monthly bills down to $700-$800 a month and live very frugally, you could last about 3 years off of that and dedicate all your time towards your business.
This is an option, but I would rather make a smoother transition once I have a concrete idea and something tangible where I know I can add value. I'm still reading and researching in all my spare time. I think Amazon FBA is a great option for a first venture, especially since I'm in Australia and Amazon is coming here very soon. I will keep updating this thread and documenting my journey as I go!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.