The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! From 0 To $240,000 Per Year PROFIT In 18 Months

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Tubs

SEE YOU AT THE SUMMIT!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Great stuff @richardd that's some real hustling!

Thanks for this valuable thread!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doitman

doitman

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2017
United States
UPDATE: I got a new profile name, in tribute to Shia Labeouf. Look it up. If you ever need good motivation or a laugh, he's your guy. But in all seriousness, "do it" is my mantra.

My most recent transaction was a bust. Luckily we were able to unwind it, and I didn't lose much money in the deal. But it was stressful, to say the least, especially with the amount of money on the table. I won't go into detail about it, but I will tell you that I've learned a lot about improving my vetting process of business opportunities. I am much stronger and hardened by this most recent experience, and much wiser as well. Many sleepless nights on this one for the past month. But the ordeal is over, and it's time to move on.

While dealing with all of that during this past month, I did unify most of my businesses under one brand finally. My web hosting, web site maintenance, and accounting software businesses fall under one name, my US corporation. My contractors all now handle help desk tickets through our WHMCS system. It's all centralized now. My last step is to get the remaining customers out of Freshbooks and into WHMCS.

WHMCS is a great billing platform. I won't go much into this since it's a large topic. But if you do any eCommerce, you should check it out.

For the new year, I will be rewriting a lot of our accounting software products to prepare for mass marketing since we are one brand now. Also, since all of our customers will be in WHMCS, I will be able to "cross-market" all of them very easily, offering any of our other products and services. The trust has already been established and engrained. Lastly, I'll plan on launching an online school linked to our online community. It's a lot on my plate, but since my last day of consulting is March 31, 2020, I will have a lot more free time come April.

Retirement from the slowlane.

Last edited:

Tubs

SEE YOU AT THE SUMMIT!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA
UPDATE: I got a new profile name, in tribute to Shia Labeouf. Look it up. If you ever need good motivation or a laugh, he's your guy. But in all seriousness, "do it" is my mantra.

My most recent transaction was a bust. Luckily we were able to unwind it, and I didn't lose much money in the deal. But it was stressful, to say the least, especially with the amount of money on the table. I won't go into detail about it, but I will tell you that I've learned a lot about improving my vetting process of business opportunities. I am much stronger and hardened by this most recent experience, and much wiser as well. Many sleepless nights on this one for the past month. But the ordeal is over, and it's time to move on.

While dealing with all of that during this past month, I did unify most of my businesses under one brand finally. My web hosting, web site maintenance, and accounting software businesses fall under one name, my US corporation. My contractors all now handle help desk tickets through our WHMCS system. It's all centralized now. My last step is to get the remaining customers out of Freshbooks and into WHMCS.

WHMCS is a great billing platform. I won't go much into this since it's a large topic. But if you do any eCommerce, you should check it out.

For the new year, I will be rewriting a lot of our accounting software products to prepare for mass marketing since we are one brand now. Also, since all of our customers will be in WHMCS, I will be able to "cross-market" all of them very easily, offering any of our other products and services. The trust has already been established and engrained. Lastly, I'll plan on launching an online school linked to our online community. It's a lot on my plate, but since my last day of consulting is March 31, 2020, I will have a lot more free time come April.

Retirement from the slowlane.
Just do it! Make your dreams come true.
Yesterday you said tomorrow.
So just do it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock